Modding enemies

So has anyone figured out how to mod enemies? Like in SR3 all you had to do was edit some text in the CHaracter file to place an NPC over another.

So has anyone figured out how to mod enemies? Like in SR3 all you had to do was edit some text in the CHaracter file to place an NPC over another.
How do you mean “mod enemies?” I’ve figured out how to add custom enemy variants and models for sr4 and srtt but beyond that, I can’t really do much for the new game because as far as I know, there isn’t tools for that right now

Edit: I’m not sure if SRR has anywhere near the same mod-ability, but I assume there is a way that we haven’t figured out yet and it’s probably similar to SRTTR’s way

Last edited:
How do you mean “mod enemies?” I’ve figured out how to add custom enemy variants and models for sr4 and srtt but beyond that, I can’t really do much for the new game because as far as I know, there isn’t tools for that right now

Edit: I’m not sure if SRR has anywhere near the same mod-ability, but I assume there is a way that we haven’t figured out yet and it’s probably similar to SRTTR’s way
Like I said, 3, 4, and Gat Outta Hell all you gotta do is change some names in a Character file to swap NPCs around. But I think we don't have anything for the Reboot because it's so hated not many people here are willing to try and figure out how to mod it or make mod tools. As much as I dislike the game I played it with cheats and had some fun with the gmeplay at least, story mostly sucked though. WOuld be fun to have a mission replay mod for this, like how we made ones for SR 3 and 4. Even found a mod that makes the needed goals for Gat Out Of Hell much easier so you can just zip through the story making it less of a grind fest.

Like I said, 3, 4, and Gat Outta Hell all you gotta do is change some names in a Character file to swap NPCs around. But I think we don't have anything for the Reboot because it's so hated not many people here are willing to try and figure out how to mod it or make mod tools. As much as I dislike the game I played it with cheats and had some fun with the gmeplay at least, story mostly sucked though. WOuld be fun to have a mission replay mod for this, like how we made ones for SR 3 and 4. Even found a mod that makes the needed goals for Gat Out Of Hell much easier so you can just zip through the story making it less of a grind fest.
Yeah, unfortunately, but then again this game is a little dry and tasteless, I can understand the reasoning behind not making tools for it, but I can also understand the reason for wanting tools to be made. I don't think any tools will be made and I sure won't try it because that's too much hassle to do. Sorry

I don't have personal experience, but from the information available online, modding characters in games like Saints Row usually involves editing game files or using modding tools.
Specifically because Volition doesn’t release any engine tools. Mainly because the engine they’d work in is a Proprietary engine. Companies such as Ubisoft have a defined and stable engine that doesn’t change as often and therefore tools can be made by the community easily.

Back