Juiced Patch

Added new options ([Graphics] > RemoveBlackBars = 0-1) Simply just removes black bars in cutscenes (feature by Tervel)
You guys are wizards! Thanks, Tervel. I've updated the Cutscene Patch thread with a link to Juiced Patch.

Nice, it removes it immediately unlike the equivalent version of Cutscene Patch.
"Cutscene Patch - No Letterbox Edition" also couldn't fix most minor cutscenes, like stronghold cutscenes. (The Letterbox Fade Out just wouldn't work on those, for some reason.)

New binds are as follows:
~ + U Enables Ugly Mode
~ + / Detaches Camera
F3 Toggles FPS Counter
~ + H Toggles HUD
~ + P Prints Player Coordinates to Debug Console
v4 issue: The new Tilde shortcuts don't work for me (unless I'm missing something). F3 works fine. RESOLVED

Last edited:
You guys are wizards! Thanks, Tervel. I've updated the Cutscene Patch thread with a link to Juiced Patch.

"Cutscene Patch - No Letterbox Edition" also couldn't fix most minor cutscenes, like stronghold cutscenes. (The Letterbox Fade Out just wouldn't work on those, for some reason.)

v4 issue: The new Tilde shortcuts don't work for me (unless I'm missing something). F3 works fine.
do you have a small form factor keyboard where ~ is also 1 or ESC? i could let him know to add a second backup bind

Could I use this with the steam version or is it time for me to suck it up and buy the gog version xD
as far as i know, it works
Nope. Regular keyboard.
there was some pushback with the F1 keys being moved and im sorry that youre proof it shouldnt have been done, just to be sure i know its obvious but you press ~ and then the key, try holding ~ while hitting the key aswell

just to be sure i know its obvious but you press ~ and then the key, try holding ~ while hitting the key aswell
Yep. I tried pressing them as expected, and in every other way I could think of.

After looking at other keyboards online, it looks like manufacturers put the Tilde key in different places (regardless of form factor). In my case it's next to the Enter key, and I would have to press Shift to use it.

I suspect the shortcuts don't work for me because;
1. I can't use Tilde without pressing Shift.​
2. None of the shortcuts use Shift.​

Some other keyboards do not require you to press Shift to use Tilde.

there was some pushback with the F1 keys being moved and im sorry that youre proof it shouldnt have been done
I did accidentally press F1 when I meant to press ESC a few times in V3, but that's just down to my own clumsiness.
Key combos would prevent that from happening though (so long as they work for everyone). Maybe something like "Shift + F1" would work better?

Question! Does the Juiced Patch automatically apply OpenSpy (meaning, the multiplayer works properly right off the bat) or does it not include it?

If it doesn't, does the Juiced Patch work alongside the Monkey Patch?

Just asking, since I'm trying to play co-op with another friend, and for some reason their SR2 keeps crashing at either specific cutscenes or when they interact with clothing stores. They first tested GOTR, and we did a bunch of testing, but when they uninstalled GOTR and used the optional shaders_pc file, it seemed to at least stop most of the crashing for them, (though it did crash after they kept trying the clothing store again and they didn't have the monkey patch installed yet, and most of the testing we did was on singleplayer anyway) so I was wondering if the Juiced Patch would help at all with reducing crashes if GOTR somehow makes their game crash more. They're also using windowed mode and low resolution/graphic settings because anything higher makes the game more crash-prone too.

v4 issue: The new Tilde shortcuts don't work for me (unless I'm missing something). F3 works fine.
It could be a rollover problem. Some keyboards can't do certain key combinations. That's why gaming keyboards have what's known as n-key rollover.

Try this site to test if the tilde key combos work.

Question! Does the Juiced Patch automatically apply OpenSpy (meaning, the multiplayer works properly right off the bat) or does it not include it?

If it doesn't, does the Juiced Patch work alongside the Monkey Patch?

Just asking, since I'm trying to play co-op with another friend, and for some reason their SR2 keeps crashing at either specific cutscenes or when they interact with clothing stores. They first tested GOTR, and we did a bunch of testing, but when they uninstalled GOTR and used the optional shaders_pc file, it seemed to at least stop most of the crashing for them, (though it did crash after they kept trying the clothing store again and they didn't have the monkey patch installed yet, and most of the testing we did was on singleplayer anyway) so I was wondering if the Juiced Patch would help at all with reducing crashes if GOTR somehow makes their game crash more. They're also using windowed mode and low resolution/graphic settings because anything higher makes the game more crash-prone too.
yes it includes openspy applied, in my experience Gotr crashes just as often as vanilla and the claim that it fixes the game is a stretch. the closest it does to this is the mission crash fixes and editing the allocation of memory in some xtbls which doesn't really do much

Back