Character Customization Rings

Also, there is a chance to make not only the rings, but all the jews have the platinum color like in Sr1. The tricky part is that i need to find all the chains and piercings (which is not a big deal) in the files and make it possible for the game dont crash with GOTR files.
1625547470757.png

Well, after a while... i tryed again to add the slots of the rings, failing in the process. For some reason when the game loads it crashes and im not sure why, all i know is those files contais all information about the rings: "CustCAT.xtbl" "customization_categories.xtbl" "customization_items.xtbl" "customization_slots.xtbl" and "customization_stores.xtbl". Probably the crash is caused due the name of the option when you are about to buy the ring. (Example: Right Middle Finguer appears as an option when you buy a type of Ring.) Since i have no clue how to add them. amd perhaps that the issue.

I will publish the files here in case someone wants to try out and make this mod reality. You will need to use the Table Tool "Kinzie's Toy Box" if you want to know more detailed about the rings and the rest.. (https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/have-you-used-volitions-table-file-editor.14587/)

Attachments

• CustCAT.xtbl
    12.5 KB · Views: 125
  • customization_categories.xtbl
    60.4 KB · Views: 130
  • customization_items.xtbl
    4.4 MB · Views: 160
  • customization_slots.xtbl
    32 KB · Views: 136
  • customization_stores.xtbl
    134.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Rings.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 83
Three years later...
LordOfTheRings.png

These will be included in my upcoming Clothing Patch!

I likely wouldn't have made the effort to include them if I hadn't remembered reading this thread. Thanks @Mizedu!

A couple of notes in response to this (old) thread:
-"custXXX.xtbl" files only contain display names for the menus. These names can be translated when switching the language of the game.
-"Oval Ring" meshes for the Left Thumb and the Right Pinky do not exist.

Three years later...
View attachment 40203
These will be included in my upcoming Clothing Patch!

I likely wouldn't have made the effort to include them if I hadn't remembered reading this thread. Thanks @Mizedu!

A couple of notes in response to this (old) thread:
-"custXXX.xtbl" files only contain display names for the menus. These names can be translated when switching the language of the game.
-"Oval Ring" meshes for the Left Thumb and the Right Pinky do not exist.
oh my goddddd... how did you get the pinky ones to load without the game crashing? i removed their notReady flag and got stuck. even after adding the new slots and category. youve done your work thats for sure

oh my goddddd... how did you get the pinky ones to load without the game crashing? i removed their notReady flag and got stuck. even after adding the new slots and category. youve done your work thats for sure
I plan on writing an in-depth guide on what I've learnt through this project post release. But I'll try to explain succinctly.

For some reason, the game just didn't like their MeshIDs. I'm not sure why. Some of them are duplicates, but even non-duplicates had issues.
(It's also interesting to note that some of the meshes have incorrect VIDs. Meaning a Ring for the Right Hand might have a VID number which usually represents the Left Hand. This data is tied to the .cmesh file. If the VID listed in customization_items.xtbl doesn't match up, the mesh is invisible.)

For reasons relating to the ID memory limit (everything in this file has a separate memory limit [including the "not ready" Flag]), I had to find and overwrite the currently available Rings Items (Index and Ring fingers) with new Items which use the same ID as the old Items, but have new and unique MeshIDs for the Wear_Options.

Again, to save space in ID memory, I added just one Item for each finger, which has up to four Wear_Options each for all four of the Ring shapes.
So instead of having 32 new Ring Item IDs (34 minus the 2 non-existent meshes), there are just 10 (which is still a lot tbh). The remaining original Index and Ring finger Ring Items have been disabled with the "not ready" Flag, since they are no longer required. (Removing those Rings causes issues with customization_outfits.xtbl, so I'll be making new Outfits as well at some point [taking the unlockables into account].)

In-game, this means purchasing one Ring for a finger actually purchases all four Ring shapes for that finger, but you'd still have to pay again for a different material.

Of course, everything is still subject to change. But these Rings will be in the mod when it releases.

Back