RowInput & ʜᴏʟᴅғɪɴᴇᴀɪᴍ

RowInput.png& HoldFineAIM

There you are someone who prefers to use controllers in PC ports of games, you decided to play Saints Row 2 with a controller and all is well until you decided to edit the bindings of the controller, the port allows for fully customizable buttons for controllers amazing! but one seems to be missing, you actually cannot separate shooting from on-foot to vehicles so if you wanted RT to be both shoot on foot and drive, you'll be shooting and driving at the same time 🥴
RowInput can fix that and much more.

RowInput: works by reading the current status of Playa wither they are in a Vehicle, Helicopter, Plane, Boat, holding a gun, holding a hostage, or on foot unarmed, and changes controls accordingly when states changes.
The shipped scheme that comes with RowInput is configured by Iggy and is inspired by SRTT's scheme.
Video that shows binding changes depending on context states.

HoldFineAIM: self explanatory works for KBM too.
Shows holding to fine AIM working

Both mods require an ASI Loader or a DLL injector I recommend Ultimate-ASI-Loader which is bundled in the download here.

Keep in mind that this doesn't fix the control prompts you need something like GOTR or SuperUI for that.
my technical knowledge on game hacking is quite low, and initially this just started as a way to port Scheme B from the console versions, I haven't tested it a bunch as I prefer keyboard and mouse, so you may run into bugs, for starters you shouldn't use the control options to edit a binding that gets or will get changed by RowInput otherwise it'll break for the current session, this doesn't occur in the debug builds due to constant writes.

Credits:
Tervel: Detours used in HoldFineAIM and getting me into the rabbit hole of modding SR.
Uzis: Patcher template taken from Juiced Patch
Puulis: Bringing up the fact that controller bindings are messed up in the Discord.
ItsIggy: Bug testing, and making the shipped controller scheme which is inspired by SRTT.

Releases of RowInput here include HoldFineAIM.

Installation:
Drag and drop everything in the zip/rar file into SR2's directory. dinput8.dll should be in the main directory of the game and you'll have a scripts folder.

Attachments

• RowInput 1.0.0.zip
    812.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Mod works absoloutely perfect, Amazing work dude, seriously amazing work. I am really enjoying seeing all the love that SR2 is gettings, its about time.

I remember looking into this a while ago and was left scratching my head. Well done!
One problem though... After installing all the included files to my SR2 directory, nothing changes... :/
Am I doing something wrong? It would be helpful if there was a ReadMe.txt included.
dinput8.dll is supposed to be in the same directory as SR2, with a scripts folder having the asis in them, if that doesn't work try this this one it should create a message box if it hooked correctly at startup like this
SR2_pc_7JBvDVSfw3.jpg

Attachments

• RowInput message box.7z
    628.8 KB · Views: 24
I'm not sure if I have a conflict, but this is making my game crash during the intro videos before it gets to the title screen. I'm running GotR with a few additional compatible mods and Juiced, using the GoG version.

Could you enable ExceptionHandler=1 in Juiced / reloaded.ini

So I did that and it didn't give me a pop-up box or anything (I think it was crashing before the Juiced patch actually started), but in the process of all of that I think I figured out what the issue was. I had been launching the game through GoG Galaxy. Launching it directly from the exe seems to work and the input mod is working in game. I guess the in-game overlay messes with the ASI loader.

Back