Replacing homies in missions and activities

Hi

I'd like to know if there's a way to replace the default homies you have in missions and activities. E.G. Luz and Richie in the Drug Trafficking missions

Thanks

I know this is over a year old but this question started me to wondering
what would happen if I did substitute an npc. So I replaced Luz with Pierce
in the drug_ht activity.

I was wondering if her driving dialog would play or if Pierce would use his own.
Turns out he uses his own dialog.

I am unable to check the cutscene because I have already played through
the activity. But I'm thinking that there could be a possible issue. Either the original
ped will still be in the cutscenes or the new ped will still be using the old dialog.

Hi

I'd like to know if there's a way to replace the default homies you have in missions and activities. E.G. Luz and Richie in the Drug Trafficking missions

Thanks
The NPCs a Mission/Activity uses can be changed via the corresponding .cts file (eg: drug_ht.cts).

I know this is over a year old but this question started me to wondering
what would happen if I did substitute an npc. So I replaced Luz with Pierce
in the drug_ht activity.

I was wondering if her driving dialog would play or if Pierce would use his own.
Turns out he uses his own dialog.

I am unable to check the cutscene because I have already played through
the activity. But I'm thinking that there could be a possible issue. Either the original
ped will still be in the cutscenes or the new ped will still be using the old dialog.
This is because of the character's Persona.
Personas are the gameplay voice of the character. These can be overridden in the character's Preset file. For example; Adding "<Persona_Override>SP_LUZ</Persona_Override>" to npc_pierce_pre.xtbl will make him use Luz's gameplay voice. Persona names can be found in persona.xtbl.
You can find out more about NPC files here.

SuperUI allows you to replay completed Activity Cutscenes from the TV. It will still use Luz's voice, as Cutscenes are independent from gameplay.

Back