A Small Template To Place A Guard In The Airport

This is not a full fledge mod. It is only a template for someone to build on should they choose to do so.

I was reading the Get Help/Troubleshooting Topic earlier
and Saints 233 posed a question; Can you spawn a security guard in the airport (see post
mentioned below)

'Spawn security patrols inside the airport building'

Here is a snippet of that conversation:

Can we let the security guard stand guard at a fixed place? Just like the security in the reception desk of the court building, the bank that robbed Jessica was also guarded by security personnel, and the gate of the airport apron was also guarded by security personnel.They are all spawn in situ.

The answer is yes about spawning the security guard. Just create a cts file and create an entry for him.

In this sample script I have placed a swat officer, gave him a magnum and made him hostile
toward me. But you could use either npc_guards or npc_cop or npc_swat. Your code would look similar to this:

(Note this is only 1 guard. But more can be added easily).

// -------
#Navpoints
// -------

$Navpoint: "security1"
$Type: "ground"
$Pos: < 453.79 -5.325 1698.86>
$Orient: [3.15]

// -------
#Humans
// -------

$Human: "security1"
$Char type: "npc_swat"
$Start nav: "security1"
+Hit Points: 5000
+Item: "magnum"
+AttackPlayerOnSight
+RespawnAfterDeath

I am including the airsec.cts file for anyone who wants to study or use it and So that you can see where the spawn code goes

To use the included file:

Make an entry at the bottom of your 'sr2_city.cts' file. (Like so: $Include: "airsec.cts")
and make sure that both files are in your
'1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE' directory located in
Gentlemen Of The Row/optional_mod_stuff and compile . Drop your compiled files in your Saints Row 2 folder and enjoy your game.

Should you ever decide to remove this then delete the airsec.cts file
and remove the $Include: "airsec.cts" line from bottom of your sr2_city.cts file
then recompile. If you do not remove the entry from sr2_city.cts your game
will crash.

Note: There is nothing in this file as it is right now that would effect any of your missions
or activities. It should be fine to use in your current game. If you are concerned however
just start a new save.

Attachments

• airseccts.zip
    697 bytes · Views: 9
Back