Adding New Vehicles

Lately I've been trying to port the Varsity from SRIV into SR3 using the cvtf cruncher and the asm combiner tools. I did manage to add the Varsity to the vehicle_containers.asm_pc. I also put in the .xtbl files for the Varsity and added it too the vehicles.xtbl, vehicle_cameras.xtbl, and the vehicle_cust_cameras_new. But when I try to spawn the truck via a code it does not appear, and after trying to spawn it I can't spawn anything else. I would like to know if I'm missing something, or if I simply can't add a vehicle with these tools.

The memory limits are tight, my first suggestion is to try and replace an existing vehicle before you try to add one just to make sure it isn't that. Other than that, I would expect this to work. If you can't get it, post your updated files and I'll poke at it.

Well I tried to replace the Thorogood with the Varsity and it still didn't work. I uploaded the files so you can have a look at them.

Attachments

• Varsity files.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 345
Sad news. The ccar file format version changed between SR3 and SR4, so they are not binary compatible. :(

You MIGHT be able to just find the version in the ccar file(yours is version 57 and SR3 had version 56. I'm not sure what changed, but I think I remember some padding change around a specific component type. If you don't have that type, then the hack would just work. I'll see what I can find out...maybe we can do something here.

Edit: Pump fake on that...the havok collision data changed between the two versions.

Last edited:
Well that explains a lot, so I guess porting vehicles from SR4 to SR3 isn't possible at the moment. But still thanks for your time looking into this Knobby.

Back