Changing a texture

Hi there everyone,

I'm really new to all this (modding in general) and wanted to pick some of the more adept brains out there.

So I am essentially trying to create a Man of Steel suit using the Miss Mischief outfit from dlc1 as a base.

One of the issues I wanted to solve was the really deep V-neck that's in the default suit. As you can see from the image below it clips through the symbol. Is there a way to bridge this gap?
nmSopEF.png

(Ignore the colour map missing on the gloves, thought I could remove them by simply getting rid of them in the DDS - as I said, I'm new!)

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Not sure if the mesh has that shape, or your tga has a transparency channel
Thanks for the reply, not sure if you can help but here's hoping!

1) If it is the mesh that needs to be edited, where can I find it? I know that the textures are stored in the STR2's in the form of CPEG's and GPEG's, but what about meshes? Any idea where I can find those? I have some experience in blender so hopefully patching a little gap shouldn't be too much of a headache!

2) If instead it's a transparency problem, can you explain a little what you mean by an transparency channel? Is this like a layer in DDS that I can play about with?

Appreciate this is a ballache to answer, just trying to get to grips with everything.

1) ccmesh has the 3d file, but you ll need the old 3dmax plugin or the importer for blender( that one is not here tho, so you might need to search elsewhere) to get the editable model. Then maya and the workshop SDK to add it back to the game either replacing vanilla or as a workshop mod, be aware this item is a dlc, so you wont be able to release it. Considering the suit has physics, it might a bit complicated to edit the mesh file.

2) yeah transparency is controlled by a layer in DDS/tga files channel tab, you can delete that and it will get rid of the gap if thats the case.

Back