Custom radio?

Will it be possible in saints row IV to have a custom radio to play mp3s? just a thought. if gta could do that, why not saints row? thats one of the few things i say gta did better than saints row. besides.... i think it would suit saints row well to drive around steelport listening to wierd al.

plus i thought "america fuck yeah" would suit saints row 4 to a T.

Playing mp3's is something we'd like to do. I'm not sure if Wwise will like files in a random folder or if it will have to be put into a soundbank in order to pull it off. I do know that there are tutorials on how to replace the radio stuff now, but I realize that they are nowhere near as easy as just dropping some mp3's into a folder somewhere.

Hmm.. WWise doesn't support mp3, but it DOES support Vorbis, and there are plenty of mp3->orbis convertors out there...

ooh! you know if itll be in sr4 knobby? i dont want to edit the vanila radio and it would extend the replayability for me 1000%

Radio requries a lot of table file and code support as well as very specific filename conventions to work properly... but I have an idea for a super-hack that will be able to skip all that once the audio SDK is assembled. I'll prototype it tomorrow and see if it could work as a standalone Wwise-only mod.

wow! thanks! i didnt think you guys would be this nice. XD
I can't wait!

Radio requries a lot of table file and code support as well as very specific filename conventions to work properly... but I have an idea for a super-hack that will be able to skip all that once the audio SDK is assembled. I'll prototype it tomorrow and see if it could work as a standalone Wwise-only mod.

Awesome! :D

So my super-hack works, but... it's super hacky, as expected. Also it's 53 steps long, but once you set it up once you can keep adding or removing tracks to your game freely with a minimal amount of work (import & convert new files, check a couple boxes, and regenerate a single soundbank). Though it may function at its core, it does completely replace the existing radio, but keeps the same basic functionality with a couple little quirks that some polishing can smooth out.

I'll explore the option of just replacing existing tracks that are already set up in my next adventure. It should be easier and the in-game functionality will be more familiar, but it won't be as graceful under the hood. It'd be a good one-time mod but it wouldn't be feasible for anyone planning on actively rotating songs in and out of the game.

Short version: My theory was right, this can happen, but it's a matter of getting the audio SDK assembled in a manner that the copyright lawyers will be comfortable with. I couldn't do this very easily (if at all) without Wwise.

That will be awesome, I have been wanting to listen to some Metallica while doing missions for a long time.

Just out of curiosity, does the current hacky process also spit out corrected tables with the right timecode in milliseconds for each track?

Back