DO NOT UPDATE SAINT'S ROW

Kyle

Banned
This update messed EVERYTHING up

Admin edit: you guys probably should update, updated versions of mods will be along shortly.

I was capable of playing, but I had no sounds and interface whatsoever. Exiting Saints Row or opening a Menu crashed the game with a permanent black screen. I was capable of using my desktop but had to guess where everything was.

The updated files are the following:
interface_startup.vpp_pc
misc_tables.vpp_pc
misc.vpp_pc
interface.vpp_pc
and both executables

I am now checking what mods are crashing the game.
Ill report back later

He´s right, after the update i can´t use the xbox360 pad properly ("dead" left stick and back-start buttons). Besides it crashes with mods installed. Something weird happened here. The compromised files are: interface_startup.vpp_pc, misc_tables.vpp_pc, misc.vpp_pc and interface.vpp_pc.

Taking out *all* mod files (note: launcher.vpp_pc is NOT a mod file, it is ESSENTIAL to the game!), and it worked fine.

Also, I use an XBox 360 wireless controller and an XBox 360 Wireless Receiver, and have had no trouble with the controls, as long as all the mods that affect the 4 .vpp_pc files and .exe files are gone.

In general, we need to rewrite and unpack EVERY single file that is affected again. WOOHOO! *irony* :mad:

It's not a patch problem. It should simply be that any mod with a str2_pc and asm_pc file is going to need to have the asm rebuilt using the newly extracted files from the patch.

It may not be a problem, but every mod we made changed one file out of those affected. Ill reextract the files and look at the changes in some specific files, cheats.xtbl, weapons and weapon_upgrades and the sr3_city.lua

Something has to be different, otherwise it wouldnt crash.

Edit:// I checked every file and they all match each other. But having a modified .xtbl in the root folder still crashes the game. scratch that.
Modified .xtbl files in the main folder still work, the packed mods have to be repacked as Idol said. In general no big deal. Well at least we had some panic, right?:D

Back