Freezes after downloading mods......

Hello!
I recently downloaded some mods from this site that I found interesting. I installed them exactly as specified.... Later on I started the game and wanted to try, and see if the mods worked.
Lets take a example; I downloaded a mod that gives you more clothes to buy... I drove to a store and pressed E (to buy stuff..) but the game stopped working....
It didn´t start working after over 20 minutes so I decided to hit CTRL+Alt+delete and stop it.... I tried to remove the mod files later on and rerunned the game... I tried to enter my garage and it stopped working...
The game runs fluently on my Windows 7, DX9 but as soon as i enter a store, a garage or the in game menu (Both of them; when u hit Esc and when u hit Tab) it freezes and stops to work......
How the f**k can I fix this? :(

You are using the Steam version of the game, right? Any mod that involves scripting and touches asm_pc files will not work correctly on anything but the legal Steam version.

Yes I am using the Steam version, do you think that I need to reinstall it?
Corrodias: I have no idea.... Do you have a list of those files that should be there?

To cleanup all existing mods, you would need to delete all files in your srtt install folder with the following extensions:
*.asm_pc
*.xtbl
*.str2_pc
*.lua

The Gentlemen of Steelport compilation includes a tool that does this for you, and also has a batch menu system that builds the asm_pc files dynamically which makes all the included mods compatible with each other:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/...-of-steelport-compilation.8/page-10#post-1925

Sorry for not posting in a long time! :oops:
I did exactly as you said and.... IT WORKED!!! :D:rolleyes:
Now the hard thing is...... Do you know how I´ll be able to install some mods after this tragic incident :eek:

I have been having this issue ever since I downloaded the Gangstas in space DLC. Now whenever I go into the surgeon’s the game freezes up. I found the Gentlemen of steelport mod and I found the remove all SRTT patch but I am still unsure of where to put it in order to use it. This is the path I usually follow to place the mods

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\saints row the third

Any help would be appreciated.

I have been having this issue ever since I downloaded the Gangstas in space DLC. Now whenever I go into the surgeon’s the game freezes up. I found the Gentlemen of steelport mod and I found the remove all SRTT patch but I am still unsure of where to put it in order to use it. This is the path I usually follow to place the mods

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\saints row the third

Any help would be appreciated.

New official patches will almost always break mods, especially scripting mods like mission replay.

Move the included cleanup batch file to the root with the SRTT exe and run it. The exact folder you specified in your post above. That will cleanup all existing mods and you can build a new version with GoS.

Back