Gat's Death?

Has Volition confirmed he is dead/alive?

I've looked everywere and no.

And also many people on YouTube say they found a plane and cliam it's the Syndicate one.

Even though it has extra engines on the wings, much bigger and has a red stripe.

When you parachute out it is still flying.

How do you think Philipe and the DeWintre sisters got back to the city? ;-)

For all we know Gat could of jumped out the plane after the Boss and Shaundi touched ground and nicked a boat to go back to Stilwater.

So has Volition confirmed?

Has Volition confirmed he is dead/alive?

I've looked everywere and no.

And also many people on YouTube say they found a plane and cliam it's the Syndicate one.

Even though it has extra engines on the wings, much bigger and has a red stripe.

When you parachute out it is still flying.

How do you think Philipe and the DeWintre sisters got back to the city? ;-)

For all we know Gat could of jumped out the plane after the Boss and Shaundi touched ground and nicked a boat to go back to Stilwater.

So has Volition confirmed?
The Saint's have a funeral for Johnny in which a hearse is blown up at. Which had johnny's body in it

At the end of the game, you unlock Zombie Gat as a homie.

That in and of itself pretty much solidifies the fact he is dead, seeing that the last two previous zombie homies were actually dead.

Plus, they couldn't get Eliza Dushku back to play Shaundi, and she's not as big a name as Daniel Dae Kim (Gat) is.
Hell, you could argue Keith David (Julius) was the biggest name in the cast on the outset (until DDK got a role in Lost).

They may be shedding his character for money reasons (though they found a replacement for Shaundi, even if she was, in my opinion, way off).

EDIT: Just now looking at the cast of SR1, and...wow...

Michael Rapaport
Michael Clarke Duncan
Tia Carrere
Freddy Rodriguez
David Carradine (I don't think he'll reprising HIS role any time soon...)
and..
Mila Kunis?!

At the time she was just a secondary character in a mildly popular sitcom, now she acts alongside Natalie Portman in an Oscar-winning movie.

The Saint's have a funeral for Johnny in which a hearse is blown up at. Which had johnny's body in it

We do not know if Gat's body was actually in the casket. People often have funerals without a body if it is not recoverable.

Also, considering the cloning tech, that Gat zombie could very well be a clone.

I have a feeling that the whole thing is just a setup for the return of Gat in the final Trouble with Clones DLC. It's one of the most common used trick in writing/movies. You don't see the body? Never believe that character is dead.

We do not know if Gat's body was actually in the casket. People often have funerals without a body if it is not recoverable.

Also, considering the cloning tech, that Gat zombie could very well be a clone.

I have a feeling that the whole thing is just a setup for the return of Gat in the final Trouble with Clones DLC. It's one of the most common used trick in writing/movies. You don't see the body? Never believe that character is dead.
This is true, it's a very weak trick though

I've always believed that he was never REALLY dead, I mean Gat was a complete juggernaut character in the series, when you have such a popular and important character you don't kill him, for that matter offscreen.
And while I go into that you don't kill Gat offscreen IN THE SECOND MISSION.
They could have easily shot the intercom he was talking into, Gat is alive and probably in Stillwater trying to find the gang.

I think that Genki will clone him in the DLC and bring him back or something, I'd love to know more about Genki while I'm at it.
Such a fascinating character they went NOWHERE with.

That indeed makes sense, I doubt the Syndicate would leave their own dead guy lying on the table and and only move Gats body around. I I shot my enemy in the cockpit, I would have moved him just out the cockpit door and not sit him up properly against a table, where I can keep seeing him. That only makes sense if he still somehow opposes a threat and needs to be monitored.

I'm pretty sure the body in the screenshot is that of a generic club-girl pedestrian, unless my eyes deceive me. She's the first option in the "clubber" gang customization group.
Whether or not she was meant to represent Gat's corpse is an entirely different question.

Back