Saints Row: The Third How do I activate the rare carjacking npc execution (interactive prompted animation) for stealing a car?

When playing saints row the third on PlayStation 3, I encountered a unique interactive animation, similar to the melee attack prompted animations, but this was when stealing a passing car from an npc. The player assumes several different types of animation for carjacking. This one in particular involved an interactive animation in which the player executes shooting the npc driver several times as part of the carjacking theft animation interaction.

Several years later I am playing on pc now and I am wanting to figure out how this unique and rare animation was activated.

The animation played out like a normal carjacking but the main character player suddenly starts shooting his pistol at the npc driver in the head, with button prompts on screen for me to interact with, once the animation was complete the shot npc is pulled out and the car is stolen and driven away resuming the gameplay.

After asking ChatGPT how to activate this rare animation, it recommended that I equipped a pistol and created the right conditions for this to happen, like having notoriety and shooting said pistol before trying the carjacking to get this animation to activate.

After hundreds of hours of play time I’ve only ever seen this rare animation like twice, so learning its trigger would help me in activating it for purely entertainment value purposes.

Last edited:
Back