Make 'em hawt beauties Unlockable instead of Unlocked

Hiya!

After having played SR4 some time ago, I've picked SR3 up as well recently. I spent some hours with it, then not long into the game I was already fiddling with mods. Some serious stuff is runnin in my SR3 folder by now; like IdolNinja's spawn mod, Shitface's weapon mod, GoS... Loads of others. It's kinda my nature to tailor things to my liking, and SR3 mods weren't an exception either; I couldn't resist editing (most of) them to some extent. Without serious headache, much to the ease of my mind. Except for one thing! That bugs the hell out of me (even though it could be considered trivial).

I can't get the Prototype Jet Bike and the STAG VTOL to be locked at game start and cost some mad money. In the game files they're refered to as:

M17_Vehicle_Jet_Bike
and:
M17_Vehicle_STAG_VTOL

jet.jpg vtol.jpg

I edited their price (from 0) in "unlockables.xtbl" as well as added 'em to "respect_levels.xtbl" so they only unlock at whatever respect level. Then started a new game to make my changes surely actuate. To no avail. Mind you, the game properly shows the required level and money that I've set for them, but the bloody bastereds are there anyway! Unlocked! Burning my eyes out lawl.. Save editor doesn't work either.

I gotta bail for work but I might edit the post later with any relevant info that pops in my mind. Somebody please think about this if it's not too much to ask.

Have a good one!

Hiya!

After having played SR4 some time ago, I've picked SR3 up as well recently. I spent some hours with it, then not long into the game I was already fiddling with mods. Some serious stuff is runnin in my SR3 folder by now; like IdolNinja's spawn mod, Shitface's weapon mod, GoS... Loads of others. It's kinda my nature to tailor things to my liking, and SR3 mods weren't an exception either; I couldn't resist editing (most of) them to some extent. Without serious headache, much to the ease of my mind. Except for one thing! That bugs the hell out of me (even though it could be considered trivial).

I can't get the Prototype Jet Bike and the STAG VTOL to be locked at game start and cost some mad money. In the game files they're refered to as:

M17_Vehicle_Jet_Bike
and:
M17_Vehicle_STAG_VTOL

View attachment 10111 View attachment 10112

I edited their price (from 0) in "unlockables.xtbl" as well as added 'em to "respect_levels.xtbl" so they only unlock at whatever respect level. Then started a new game to make my changes surely actuate. To no avail. Mind you, the game properly shows the required level and money that I've set for them, but the bloody bastereds are there anyway! Unlocked! Burning my eyes out lawl.. Save editor doesn't work either.

I gotta bail for work but I might edit the post later with any relevant info that pops in my mind. Somebody please think about this if it's not too much to ask.

Have a good one!
Because they are both dlc in the unlockables.xtbl and also preset in the sr3citymissions.xtbl.
So you would have to modify both those files then my question is what's the point when vehicles are stolen in srtt not bought and where would you buy them and next you would have to create a new category at rim jobs or something to buy vehicles.

@VIPER VENOM
the point is this : https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/earn-your-dlcs-stuffs-and-reward-tweak.2788
make them unlockable with money as an upgrade
which prevents having the OP vehicles unlocked at the start of the game with no work from the player.

@Xandrino
I think the only thing I managed (and yeah it's super annoying to have to start a new campaign each single time you try out a change and play through the starting missions every single time too ..)
is to "break" them and make those not available at all
however I still get them after some missions
if you use the mod "earn your dlc & stuff" only a couple of vehicles are left unlocked. (I also disabled unlockables DLC)
can't remember what I did though and unfortunately had hard drives issues that forced me to delete games recently.

@VIPER VENOM
the point is this : https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/earn-your-dlcs-stuffs-and-reward-tweak.2788
make them unlockable with money as an upgrade
which prevents having the OP vehicles unlocked at the start of the game with no work from the player.

@Xandrino
I think the only thing I managed (and yeah it's super annoying to have to start a new campaign each single time you try out a change and play through the starting missions every single time too ..)
is to "break" them and make those not available at all
however I still get them after some missions
if you use the mod "earn your dlc & stuff" only a couple of vehicles are left unlocked. (I also disabled unlockables DLC)
can't remember what I did though and unfortunately had hard drives issues that forced me to delete games recently.
Try moving them to weapon upgrades.
Only reason i say this, because the mod you are using does make it to where you earn certain thing things yet in the preloaded game files it sees them as unlocked items automaticly due to dlc. So if you try moving them from unlockables to weapon upgrades and set the respect levels accordingly in the unlockables, the game might not see them as as dlc anymore but an item achieved. Now i've personaly never worked with what you are trying to achieve here, only sharing my knowledge of the files and how they work. So if i'm wrong don't burn me to a stake lol. Just trying to help you get what you want accomplished.

Edit:
Almost forgot, look at the items_inventory.xtbl
It has a lot to do with what the game unlocks at what level and how much.

Last edited:
Alriiight! Thanks for the thoughts both of you. I think what time I have, I'll be channeling into my currently rolling save for now. Esspecially since right as you say, I'd have to make a new game again anyway (can't say I'm craving to) even if I managed to bind those vehicles to money / respect (and power, lewl) with relatively short effort. But yeah that was precisely the idea in the first place. I noted your suggestions, and next time I mod something, figuring this thing out will likely be it. If / when I nail it down, I would probably drop it as an addon on the https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/earn-your-dlcs-stuffs-and-reward-tweak.2788/ page.

But right now! *naughty grin on his face, huge purple dildo in his hands* It's time to have some fun. Wish ya'all the same.

Regards

Alriiight! Thanks for the thoughts both of you. I think what time I have, I'll be channeling into my currently rolling save for now. Esspecially since right as you say, I'd have to make a new game again anyway (can't say I'm craving to) even if I managed to bind those vehicles to money / respect (and power, lewl) with relatively short effort. But yeah that was precisely the idea in the first place. I noted your suggestions, and next time I mod something, figuring this thing out will likely be it. If / when I nail it down, I would probably drop it as an addon on the https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/earn-your-dlcs-stuffs-and-reward-tweak.2788/ page.

But right now! *naughty grin on his face, huge purple dildo in his hands* It's time to have some fun. Wish ya'all the same.

Regards
Good luck my friend. Let us know how it works out for you. Just remember that anything is possible when we put our minds to it.

Back