[Mod Release] Jacob_MP's Explosive Weapons Addon

===== MOD NAME =====

[Xenia] Jacob_MP's Explosive Weapons Addon

===== MOD OVERVIEW =====

- Allows players to purchase an explosive K6 Krukov and an explosive McManus from Friendly Fire. These do not replace their originals.

- Explosive variants of in-game weapons (listed above) have not been integrated into the game's NPC population (especially gang members) as this may cause issues when playing missions or (unconfirmed) crashes.

- Only tested to work with Saints Row (2006) when launched with the Xenia emulator (see installation instructions below if you get stuck).

- Mod adaptations and tweaks are welcome. Remember to have fun with it and feel free to let me know if you find anything new!

- The original packfiles are included for those who wish to reverse the effects of this mod.

- New game highly recommended.

===== INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS =====

- Extract the compressed mod folder.

- Copy and paste the enclosed packfiles folder on top of your packfiles folder in your Saints Row game directory (emulated via Xenia).

- Start up the game and enjoy!

- Stuck with modding or installation? Check out Flippy's video here (How to Play Saints Row 1 on the PC):

===== KNOWN ISSUES =====

- Attempts were made to add other weapons into this mod (i.e. pistols, etc.), but these do not appear to have the "explosive bullets" effect, and thus these have been dropped (as said, players can still buy regular pistols, etc.).

- Players may encounter issues with frame rate when using the explosive K6 Krukov within proximity of a large group of in-game vehicles.

- The explosive McManus, when the player is aiming with the weapon's scope, does not appear to fire where the scope reticle is pointing. For this reason, aiming with the scope on the explosive variant of this weapon has been disabled (one can still fire it from the hip like the K6 Krukov).

- Controller acting like a mouse? If so, disable Xbox Configuration Support via Steam (if Steam is installed) by selecting Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings. This issue isn't attributed to this mod and is only one of many solutions to this issue.
**Check this Twitter post of mine for more info on this:

- Additional solution to the above (controller acting like a mouse): https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum...-like-a-mouse-for-xenia-emulator-users.20347/

===== CREDITS =====

- Jacob_MP (myself): Substituting player character meshes with other in-game characters.

- Flippy: Introducing many of us to emulating this game and modding it, credited for creating the aforementioned tutorial (How to Play Saints Row 1 on the PC). See installation instructions above for Flippy's video tutorial.

I'm also planning on showcasing mods for Saints Row (2006) and other games via my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnTQ5SsRGZuWdTnZMiMs4fA

EDIT (10/09/2024): Attempted to upload the mod to this thread, was successful this time. Also uploaded the mod to MediaFire and added the link here to ensure that it's still available for everyone (as a backup).

Mod link (MediaFire): https://www.mediafire.com/file/p99gtg3cpwph7tw/saints-row_-_explosive_wpns_addon_-_jacob_mp.rar

Attachments

• saints-row_-_explosive_wpns_addon_-_jacob_mp.rar
    89.2 MB · Views: 18
Back