Removing the red death screen

Is there a mod out there that remove the red from the death screen when the player character dies?

Sorry about the title. Removing red death screen.

All I found are couple of lines in Tweak_table.xtbl. They're referring to "DBNO" screen.

Code:
<Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>DBNO_dead_screen_render_opacity</Name><Value>0.8</Value><Description>Hack for turning the screen red as you die on DBNO.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:Combat:DBNO</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>DBNO_dead_screen_render_red_value</Name><Value>0.2</Value><Description>Hack for turning the screen red as you die on DBNO.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:Combat:DBNO</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
(...)
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>DBNO_getup_speed_decrease_per_sec</Name><Value>4</Value><Description>This is the amount per second by which the speed is decreased when playing a getup animation.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:Combat:DBNO</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>DBNO_max_screen_render_opacity</Name><Value>0.7</Value><Description>Hack for turning the screen red as you die on DBNO.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:Combat:DBNO</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>
    <Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>DBNO_screen_render_red_value</Name><Value>0.3</Value><Description>Hack for turning the screen red as you die on DBNO.</Description><_Editor><Category>Entries:Combat:DBNO</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>

Changing values doesn't affect death cam, though.

FIRST off:
What do you mean "remove" the death screen? The change of the visual effects? Or the camera? Or the gameplay speed slow-down?

Second; what the hell would DBNO stand for?

Either way, the "DBNO_getup_speed_decrease_per_sec" entry makes me think it has to do with dead homies; seeing as when the player dies, there is no getting up.

But again, that's all pure conjecture.

FIRST off:
What do you mean "remove" the death screen? The change of the visual effects? Or the camera? Or the gameplay speed slow-down?

Second; what the hell would DBNO stand for?

Either way, the "DBNO_getup_speed_decrease_per_sec" entry makes me think it has to do with dead homies; seeing as when the player dies, there is no getting up.

But again, that's all pure conjecture.

I believe that DBNO means "Down But Not Out". i.e. a character is down and needs to be revived.

Sorry for the late reply I just got out off bed.

When the player character (not npc) is dead the screen turns red like this. That I want to remove. I had a tip from another site that if I deactivate 'post processing' it remove that 'overwashed' red but still leaves a red boarder.

With the camera changing the FOV to a higher level (80) maybe can do that but I have no issues with it. It not making me sick.

@ BadMadScientist: I not that good with code, do I have to put that in my note pad, save it as a certain file and put it in SaintsRow: Third folder?

Sorry about the title I think faster then my fingers can type.

@ BadMadScientist: I not that good with code, do I have to put that in my note pad, save it as a certain file and put it in SaintsRow: Third folder?

Sorry about the title I think faster then my fingers can type.

You don't have to do anything with it - this part of code doesn't improve/remove death cam colors, I just shared my findings. If DNBO stands for "Down but not out", then tweaking those values should just alter colors of "Revival needed" screen. Nothing less, nothing more.

If you want to take a look at the code (and apply some changes to your game), take a look here:

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/saints-row-the-third-modding-basics.597/

download attached zip, extract it, find tweak_table.xtbl, open it with Notepad, CTRL+F, look for "DNBO" and change <Value>something</Value> part. Then save it to your main SRTT folder.

Back