Visuals & Graphics SR2Ultrawide r1.2 [PC/Console]

Untitled.gif

SR2Ultrawide r1.2
internal / console version

Install Juiced Patch https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/juiced-patch.21380/ - SR2Ultrawide only fixes HUD issues not FOV as of now.

Ultrawide resolutions still require https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/attachments/gibbedsaintsrow2resolution-zip.25593/

Download and install an ASI loader: https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader/releases

Extract SR2UltrawideScale.asi to your game's directory or make a scripts folder. -- This will JUST scale the HUD correctly.

Find your set of HUD files, downloads here provide the required sets for Vanilla or GOTR, by default they are already setup for 21.5:9, you can still run the python script on them regardless and it'll modify it accordingly, this also works for SuperUI.

drag SR2UltrawideCenter.py next to the .lua files, and edit the python script to incorporate your resolution, the default is for 21.5:9 | 43/18 (3440x1440)

For SuperUI just drag it to where it's .lua files reside and it shall work and modify the required files only.
Drag the lua files to 1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE or your mod manager of choice, and build your patch.

Use the new patch.vpp_pc in combination with SR2UltrawideScale.asi

Black screen fades will be unstretched, this is most likely fixable.
Rockets homing targeting will be misaligned, can be most likely "fixed" by stretching it back.
Sniper textures are 16:9, can be "fixed" by stretching it back.
the original game's vignette will be unstretched and centered to the left; use Juiced Patch to disable it!!
Some HUD elements might be missing in SR2's Multiplayer gamemode "Strong Arm" - lol.
Mayhem text is stretched; on purpose because the mayhem_grp has leftover testing that I'm unable to find and delete, so I stretched it.
more that I might not be aware of.

r1.1: Python script ruined end functions of some tutorial files, reuploaded HUDfiles and SR2ultrawidepackage.
r1.2 better ASI script, detour my own aspect ratio logic at 0xD1C910, thanks to Tervel for the heads up

Attachments

• HUDFiles.7z
    226.8 KB · Views: 49
  • SR2Ultrawidepackager1.2.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
xenia_canary_DkrsWlVPMF.jpg
xenia_canary_g9GGx95ptY.jpg

a partial port to X360 / PS3 also works on PC, as this just scales the HUD through lua instead of my script, I stretched the map back and pause map because the actual radar part doesn't scale within lua, I have not included vpps as you will have to modify the following assuming you're on Title Update 3 + installed all 3 DLCs.

packfiles\xbox2\vint_docs.vpp_xbox2
TU_1A521VS_0000010000000.00000000000O8\packfiles\xbox2\sr2_patch.vpp_xbox2 (This VPP is in little endian, it's not big endian)
9DA405AEC10E76491AD0244CDF600775A125CC95\interface\vint_docs_dlc.vpp_xbox2 (Assuming you have the latest DLC3)
NOTE: Another DLC might have a HUD related lua file that isn't in DLC3, as combat tricks wasn't scaled correctly for me and it's probably one of the DLCs effecting this.

As per original topic, run the python script in the directories and it'll modify the respective lua files.

Thought fitting to make this because this is where my joruney of fixing Ultrawide of the game started.

Attachments

• SR2UltrawideInternally.7z
    2.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Back