Swapping/Adding Gang Vehicles

Hi,

I want to try and change the available gang vehicles that you can choose in Gang Customization. I've successfully changed it, but the new cars look like generic ones without the Saints paint job. Is there a way to make it so that they have the same purple and gold paint? Or better yet, can I use the customised cars of other gangs? Like the Brotherhood's Legion, Ronin's Tetsuo, etc.

Thanks

Last edited:
1. Create a new line underneath the name of the vehicle in gang_customization.xtbl and type "<Variant></Variant>".
2. Now open the .xtbl of the vehicle you're working with (eg: "CAR_2DR_EXOTICSPORTS01.xtbl").
3. Find the name of the Variant you want to use.
(If there isn't a Saints style Variant, you can create one, then crunch it to a .cvtf with Volition's Vehicle Table Cruncher from Shaundi's Secret Stash.)
4. Copy & Paste the Name of the Variant into gang_customization.xtbl: "<Variant>HERE</Variant>".

Example:
Code:
            <Vehicle>
                <Vehicle>car_2dr_exoticsports01</Vehicle>
                <Variant>gang_saints</Variant>
                </Vehicle>
Full disclosure; I've never actually done this. It's just what it says in the TableDescription. It should work fine.

The Vehicles which are already there and don't use "<Variant></Variant>" are likely coded to default to using the "gang_saints" Variant if it's available for that vehicle.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can't get this to work, the cars have civilian paintjobs.
1. Create a new line underneath the name of the vehicle in gang_customization.xtbl and type "<Variant></Variant>".
2. Now open the .xtbl of the vehicle you're working with (eg: "CAR_2DR_EXOTICSPORTS01.xtbl").
3. Find the name of the Variant you want to use. (If there isn't a Saints style Variant, you can create one, then crunch it to a .cvtf with Volition's Vehicle Table Cruncher from Shaundi's Secret Stash.)
4. Copy & Paste the Name of the Variant into gang_customization.xtbl: "<Variant>HERE</Variant>".

Example:
Code:
            <Vehicle>
                <Vehicle>car_2dr_exoticsports01</Vehicle>
                <Variant>gang_saints</Variant>
                </Vehicle>
Full disclosure; I've never actually done this. It's just what it says in the TableDescription. It should work fine.

The Vehicles which are already there and don't use "<Variant></Variant>" are likely coded to default to using the "gang_saints" Variant if it's available for that vehicle.
Happy modding!

Ah you're right. Sorry to have steered you wrong. "<Variant>" doesn't work in gang_customization.xtbl.
But it seems I was right in that the Gang Vehicles system expects there to be a Variant named "Gang_Saints" in the vehicle's .cvtf.
So (theoretically) you would have to build a new Variant for the vehicle named "Gang_Saints", and then it will appear in Gang Customization (whatever color/parts you choose).

Back