Tervel's Saints Row 2 Plugin (Xenia/X360)

Hello everyone, here's another project of mine which is, of course, based on my plugin for SR1. It features many of the same features with some slight deviations.

As is the case with the SR1 plugin, there's no ETA for this one either and the release is likely going to be simultaneous with the SR1 plugin. Same plan for releasing the source too, later down the road anyway.

CURRENT FEATURE LIST:
-----------------------------

Executor: Opens a keyboard input window which allows you to execute Lua, also supports Vint execution,, and custom commands as well.

Vehicle Spawner: Lets you spawn vehicles as a custom command through the executor with their internal name, alongside a variant if provided (otherwise it should, on paper, try selecting a random variant). Works for all vehicles except those that do not natively work on Xbox, such as the Hounfor cutscene interior. It works the same as the SR1 vehicle spawner with the only difference being that you get teleported into your spawned vehicles after they fade in. Previous vehicles will also get despawned like 1 as the streaming system will otherwise run into issues in this game too. Works in co-op but will require you to exit out of the vehicle to be able to give it to another person.

Ugly Mode Toggle: I accidentally discovered the byte for ugly mode and I thought I'd turn it into a toggle, just because there's no way to normally access it. Because it's a leftover, just changing the byte won't do everything else ugly mode is supposed to do so I am manually disabling MSAA and also altering the far clip to around what it could've actually been.

Slew Mode: It's a recreation of the original slew mode, or at least how it may have worked. You can move the camera around, adjust its height, rotate it, tilt it and zoom it in and out. Same functionality as the SR1 version. Useful for taking cool screenshots or cinematic videos.

World Freeze: Fully freezes the world in a way that lets you interact with slew mode.

Coords Teleport: This is another custom command since SR2 doesn't have a Lua command that lets you teleport to coordinates. Also, due to not being able to make a noclip so far in 2, I've made it so that you can teleport to the camera coordinates in slew mode. I've also added the ability to teleport to your co-op partner.

HUD Toggle: Allows you to turn it on/off using your controller.

Havok Frametime Fix: Based on uzis' accidental discovery, and with my logic (which is now used in his PC version of the fix), this fixes the high framerate issues such as cutscenes desyncing, objects going crazy and high framerates not feeling smooth. Could also consider making a standalone version of this if there's demand for it.

Just like the SR1 plugin, the idea is to turn the keyboard into a cheatboard. Everything above that requires triggering (outside of the custom commands and the HUD toggle) is tied to the keyboard.
-----------------------------

Huge shoutout to jason098, ermaccer and VP for helping me out, and to all of my friends who have helped me test and will continue doing so.

Here's a quick showcase of the plugin.

PS: The SR2 plugin's been confirmed to work on real hardware, massive shoutout to CabooseSayzWTF for helping me test.

Last edited:
Back