Too much spam

There's a heck of a lot more that's actually automatically quarantined until approved/deleted by a moderator. I've been a little lazy/busy in the last few weeks, having just bought a house and seriously disrupted my daily routine, so I don't always promptly clean up the stuff that slips through. Sorry. :(

Maybe it's time for a change of CAPTCHA... always tricky getting the balance right though.

I prefer the question and answer method on my sites, makes it harder for the bots to get through.

I prefer the question and answer method on my sites, makes it harder for the bots to get through.
Problem is, they hard code the answers. ;) The clever bots can even parse and work out the kinds of simple maths a lot of people put in.

At the moment we use a picture based CAPTCHA that asks people to identify which Saint they see. I'm open to suggestions ;)

Problem is, they hard code the answers. ;) The clever bots can even parse and work out the kinds of simple maths a lot of people put in.

At the moment we use a picture based CAPTCHA that asks people to identify which Saint they see. I'm open to suggestions ;)
The other suggestion might be more janitors. ;)

Back