Volition's stance on porting DLC items and Silverlink

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
There's been some recent confusion regarding porting paid DLC items from one Saints Row game to another. I'm here to tell ya there's something else, the after world that there's now an official policy regarding it:

Volition and Deep Silver are 100% officially totally cool with modders porting DLC content from one Saints Row (PC) game into another as long as the destination game does not have that paid content in it.

Regarding Silverlink assets in Saints Row IV, we're also (finally) allowing mods to enable that content.

So, go crazy, and punch a higher floor.

Love,
Volition and Deep Silver

Last edited:
So it is possible to port a dlc suit from sriv to srtt that is not available in srtt only the grounds that dlc is still paid for on volition behalf?
Example:
Replace morningstar soldier in dlc2.vpp with
Popstar suit from sriv
On the grounds that the dlc item is still paid for.
Forgive my confusion but I guess a solid answer safer than none.

Edit:
If this kind of thing is now possible, I believe that the dlc in srtt would be much better if we could port some of the great clothing from sriv and now be worth the money (no offense). Sriv does have much nicer clothing items worth paying paying for.

So it is possible to port a dlc suit from sriv to srtt that is not available in srtt only the grounds that dlc is still paid for on volition behalf?
Example:
Replace morningstar soldier in dlc2.vpp with
Popstar suit from sriv
On the grounds that the dlc item is still paid for.
Forgive my confusion but I guess a solid answer safer than none.

You're thinking about this too much. We are giving permission to port any DLC item into another SR game, as long as there is no way to buy that item in that game. You don't have to replace DLC for DLC. Go nuts.

You're thinking about this too much. We are giving permission to port any DLC item into another SR game, as long as there is no way to buy that item in that game. You don't have to replace DLC for DLC. Go nuts.
I want to say, you and volition and Knobby have been great support for our work here:D. I only have three games installed on my laptop and they are saints row 3 4 and gooh. I love volitions games and only work to make them as fun as possible. I do appreciate your fast response to my question:)

I want to say, you and volition and Knobby have been great support for our work here:D. I only have three games installed on my laptop and they are saints row 3 4 and gooh. I love volitions games and only work to make them as fun as possible. I do appreciate your fast response to my question:)
[V] IdolNinja and [V] knobby are absolutely awesome for the support and time they've given personally. Randall Hess too, before he left Volition.

Kate Nelson, Jeff Thompson, Jim Boone and more at Deep Silver Volition have all been absolutely brilliant and it's been a pleasure to have this kind of contact with Volition and the people there - there aren't many game developers who go to these lengths to help and I would never in a million years have expected it! Just look at some of the older posts I made on this forum saying it was incredibly unlikely and would never happen!

This is just the latest in a series of good moves :)

[V] IdolNinja and [V] knobby are absolutely awesome for the support and time they've given personally. Randall Hess too, before he left Volition.

Kate Nelson, Jeff Thompson, Jim Boone and more at Deep Silver Volition have all been absolutely brilliant and it's been a pleasure to have this kind of contact with Volition and the people there - there aren't many game developers who go to these lengths to help and I would never in a million years have expected it! Just look at some of the older posts I made on this forum saying it was incredibly unlikely and would never happen!

This is just the latest in a series of good moves :)
Your support has been incredible here also:)

[V] IdolNinja and [V] knobby are absolutely awesome for the support and time they've given personally ... it's been a pleasure to have this kind of contact with Volition and the people there - there aren't many game developers who go to these lengths to help and I would never in a million years have expected it!
I, too, am very impressed with the help I've gotten from [V] Knobby and the support I've seen from Volition for all the modders on this forum. I think Deep Silver Volition is proving to be a company that other game studios should really strive to emulate. It's impressive how in-touch Volition is with their loyal followers. It makes me want to buy their games just because I really want to support a company like this! Thank you Knobby, IdolNinja, and Volition for making modding such a joy! And thank you Minimaul for providing such a great vehicle for sharing our mods and communicating with Volition. Honestly, without this forum to bring us all together, I don't know where we all would be! :)

Regarding Silverlink assets in Saints Row IV, we're also (finally) allowing mods to enable that content.
Thanks a lot!
zSN2ugJ.jpg

There's been some recent confusion regarding porting paid DLC items from one Saints Row game to another. I'm here to tell ya there's something else, the after world that there's now an official policy regarding it:

Volition and Deep Silver are 100% officially totally cool with modders porting DLC content from one Saints Row (PC) game into another as long as the destination game does not have that paid content in it.

So, go crazy, and punch a higher floor.

Love,
Volition and Deep Silver
so will you update saints row 4s cheat mod? mother fucking golden gun and gibs~!

Back