Weapon upgrades disappear

I don't know if this is because of the patch or not. Everytime i extract my misc_tables.vpp_pc and edit the weapons.xtbl file, all my weapon upgrades get reverted. The smallest edit in the weapons.xtbl file will cause all my weapon upgrades to disappear.

Is anyone else having this? Some mods only work by editing the weapons.xtbl and if i do that, i lose all gun upgrades. Is there a fix for this?

Last edited:
Are you sure that you're using the latest weapons.xtbl from patch_compressed.vpp_pc?

Are you sure that you're using the latest weapons.xtbl from patch_compressed.vpp_pc?
Oh i've been using the weapons.xtbl from misc_tables.vpp_pc as it used to work before the patches. I will use the one from patch_compressed.vpp_pc and see if it works. Thanks a lot Idol.

That's the golden rule when modding files. i.e. always look in the patch archives first to see if they have updated versions. That's how Volition patches the game post release.

I'm having this problem very recently as well. All of a sudden my weapon upgrades disappear every time I save my game. I'll buy a bunch of upgrades, save, quit, come back later, and they're all gone. Any thoughts on why?

I'm having this problem very recently as well. All of a sudden my weapon upgrades disappear every time I save my game. I'll buy a bunch of upgrades, save, quit, come back later, and they're all gone. Any thoughts on why?
Did you install any Mods recently?

The patches update some files that the mods use.
If the author of the mod doesn't update their files to match the patch, things get wonky.

Back