is majority of saints row reboot criticism unreasonable?

Remember seeing them two telling me they weren't gonna buy/play it anyways, but I digress.
Depends on the criticisms. The hyper ‘ugh saints row woke nao aaaaah’ crowd, I ignore entirely.

The valid remarks like ‘Man, the marketing really sucks! They gotta do better!’ then yeah, I agree. They did kind of drop the ball during the first few months after announcements. :p My grief is that they aren’t gonna allow cheat codes right off the bat. I mean, c’mon, that was a staple of the franchise! What if some of us like breaking the game and creating a stupidly OP/stupidly rich character on level one? xD

I wouldn’t mind a battle royale mode. I mean, sometimes you just gotta fight everyone. xD

But yeah, we’re two months away from the release. We should be getting a blow-out within a few weeks. Hopefully.
Agree with this one. I definitely agree with those who said the marketing wasn't done well. I was going to buy it regardless and I'm fine with the marketing because as long as it looks fun enough then I'll buy it. However, I can see why others were turned off from it based on how it was marketed.

I'm kind of excited for the free patches after it comes out, because at least we're pretty much getting a full game.
as long as they let the host disable cheats in their coop game. same with fast travel, which can ruin the fun of hving 2 travel thru the city with ur coop partner 2 get 2 some location either in 1 vehicle, or racing there with 2 every time.
Basically what Admixon said, just disable mods before joining or they'll have the option to auto disable cheats for the host when they host a co-op session.

A big concern in an industry where there is a lot of horrible false advertising is essentially not just what they are showing in the marketing, but what they aren't showing. A very good example is Fallout 4, which had a lot of excitement pre-release, but reception quickly down-spiraled post launch as people experienced what Bethesda was hiding in the previews.

The only raw gameplay of Saints Row we have gotten has been super incomplete, very quiet, drab looking scenes with no music, no city or biome audio, barely any civilians or traffic density, and a general sense of lifelessness and lack of world detail.

The only mini-game's they have shown off are hot-traffic, and the generic "blow up the area around you" one, neither of which indicates inspiring or creative new types of gameplay, challenge, or replayability.

They haven't shown any of the world interactions, or demonstrated the crime-syndicate building mechanic in detail, so it's very possible that it turns out to be exceptionally shallow and disappointing. The only customization they've shown of base design is swapping out some statues, they haven't elaborated on crew customization, they haven't shown improvements to enemy AI or combat difficulty, they haven't explained any new combat mechanics or melee systems. They haven't demonstrated any world detail beyond pretty locales, or anything to actually do in the open-world. There is a lot they haven't demonstrated that makes or breaks the game flow.

They demonstrated the game as an aesthetic reboot, but that isn't what is important, all of the footage I've seen makes the gameplay look identical to Saints Row 3, and that is absolutely not good enough for most modern audiences, expectations for open world games have changed dramatically.

Insofar as the characters and tone, they have, as I saw someone mention, the mild smarm and stoic cool that plagues marvel films, and is often-times horrible for character development or building stake and investment in a story, at least as far as the marketing shows us.

Saints Row 3 and 4 also had a fair chunk of that, which is also a big part of why I found Kinsie to be an unappealing character, but 4 in particular had some really good character and story moments I wasn't expecting, and that the marketing gave no indication towards.
So I could be pleasantly surprised and greatly enjoy the story and its characters, even though I dislike the youth-culture aesthetic, but that is a gamble, and not one I'm willing to bet money on without reviews.

It also isn't helping that I personally am super let down with the character creator, and despite people touting "cartoony Fornite graphics", there is that off looking plastic/course skin complexion that plagues a lot of triple A games trying to look realistic, and no options to change complexion in general.

I really hope to be proven wrong, but with how sparse Volitions social media is, I have no idea if the game will actually be a financial success, or if it will be the death knell for a studio that hasn't kept up with modern gameplay standards.

A big concern in an industry where there is a lot of horrible false advertising is essentially not just what they are showing in the marketing, but what they aren't showing. A very good example is Fallout 4, which had a lot of excitement pre-release, but reception quickly down-spiraled post launch as people experienced what Bethesda was hiding in the previews.

The only raw gameplay of Saints Row we have gotten has been super incomplete, very quiet, drab looking scenes with no music, no city or biome audio, barely any civilians or traffic density, and a general sense of lifelessness and lack of world detail.

The only mini-game's they have shown off are hot-traffic, and the generic "blow up the area around you" one, neither of which indicates inspiring or creative new types of gameplay, challenge, or replayability.

They haven't shown any of the world interactions, or demonstrated the crime-syndicate building mechanic in detail, so it's very possible that it turns out to be exceptionally shallow and disappointing. The only customization they've shown of base design is swapping out some statues, they haven't elaborated on crew customization, they haven't shown improvements to enemy AI or combat difficulty, they haven't explained any new combat mechanics or melee systems. They haven't demonstrated any world detail beyond pretty locales, or anything to actually do in the open-world. There is a lot they haven't demonstrated that makes or breaks the game flow.

They demonstrated the game as an aesthetic reboot, but that isn't what is important, all of the footage I've seen makes the gameplay look identical to Saints Row 3, and that is absolutely not good enough for most modern audiences, expectations for open world games have changed dramatically.

Insofar as the characters and tone, they have, as I saw someone mention, the mild smarm and stoic cool that plagues marvel films, and is often-times horrible for character development or building stake and investment in a story, at least as far as the marketing shows us.

Saints Row 3 and 4 also had a fair chunk of that, which is also a big part of why I found Kinsie to be an unappealing character, but 4 in particular had some really good character and story moments I wasn't expecting, and that the marketing gave no indication towards.
So I could be pleasantly surprised and greatly enjoy the story and its characters, even though I dislike the youth-culture aesthetic, but that is a gamble, and not one I'm willing to bet money on without reviews.

It also isn't helping that I personally am super let down with the character creator, and despite people touting "cartoony Fornite graphics", there is that off looking plastic/course skin complexion that plagues a lot of triple A games trying to look realistic, and no options to change complexion in general.

I really hope to be proven wrong, but with how sparse Volitions social media is, I have no idea if the game will actually be a financial success, or if it will be the death knell for a studio that hasn't kept up with modern gameplay standards.
And now So many leak show up in the Social media i guess the one who annoyed get to see it must skip at it... Probably will dangerous if they showing us the Final campaign mission and they sure will get sued by V and DS itself... I agree with that false advertising i though you can eat but yawn... They trolling at us thats why i really want to know what they show us later when the games released.. new hairstyle probably good... Even SRIV adding DLC adding that new hairstyle like Anime hatsune miku

Back