What's Seabound up to?...

It's been a little while since I've posted any mods, so I've decided to share some teasers for some of the projects I'm currently working on.
I'm not committing myself to any deadlines, but I'm aiming to release at least one of my larger projects before the end of summer...

As-Yet-Untitled Clothing Patch for GotR: (Current Primary Project)
This hideous outfit demonstrates just some of what can be done with this mod:
previewoutfit-png.39525

~ Tidies up anything IdolNinja may have left unfinished.
~ Adds MANY new ways of wearing existing items.
~ Makes most previously non-colourable items colourable.
~ Adds useful development items for modders.
~ Improves compatibility between items.
~ Restores EVEN MORE cut items!
~ Adds a bunch of entirely NEW items!
~ Stores are being completely restocked from the ground up.
~ Many items will have new default colours to refresh your shopping experience.
~ Customization cameras and animations have been improved.​

In addition to this mod, I am also taking the opportunity to make a list of all VID numbers and what they represent. The list will be made available in the Guides & Tutorials section post release.

Animations Mod:
This GIF was made using this animations mod.

~ Allows for GREATLY expanded customization of movement animations in a user friendly way!
~ Fixes issues with animations which interfere with gunplay.
~ Includes optional special alternate animation sets, such as Shaundi's hacking computer animations.
~ Discover leftover animations from cut side activities, such as the cut firehose animations for the Firefighter Activity.
~ Great for machinima!​

This mod has been in and out of development since 2022, due to other projects taking precedence. Despite that, a TON of work has gone into it, and I am still excited about eventually releasing it sometime this year (hopefully)!

Fight Club Mod:
I haven't forgotten about this! Click here for more details.

Story NPCs Reimagined:
Redesigns of Story characters, mainly inspired by concept art.
I have attached my redesigned Maero as a sneak-peek of what's to come someday in the future!:
PreviewMaero.png
PreviewMaeroConceptArt.png

There are other projects I have in mind, but the projects I've listed above have been enough to keep me busy for more than a while already. I'm looking forward to eventually sharing my work with you all!

Attachments

• PreviewOutfit.png
    PreviewOutfit.png
    399.7 KB · Views: 490
  • Maero (Concept Art) - Preview.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
This is what Maero should have looked like when the game dropped back in the day tbh, suits his intimidating appearance and personality. amazing to see what your working on btw. take your time, your doing an amazing job. 🔥❤️

Not to be annoying but, will your clothing mod include a fix to the men's denim vest? were theres no option to put a logo on it but the brotherhood have there logo on that same vest or is it that in the game files the men's denim vest for the boss and the brotherhood are seperate?

will your clothing mod include a fix to the men's denim vest? were theres no option to put a logo on it but the brotherhood have there logo on that same vest
It does now! Thank you for reminding me! I'm going through ALL the items now to see which ones can use Logos which don't already.
Logo4DenimVest.png
To my delight, it turns out my Deep Sea Helmet can have Logos applied! Though they do also apply to the seaweed in their raw form.
Logo4DeepSeaDiver.png

or is it that in the game files the men's denim vest for the boss and the brotherhood are seperate?
Clothing items for the Playa are individual .cmeshs placed on top of the Playa's body .cmesh. The NPCs were created using this same exact system, but they were then combined into one single .cmesh file (this is why their clothing items can't be changed). So yes, they are separate, but born of the same system. Meaning anything seen on an NPC should be achievable on the Playa.

(Tangent): The dream would be to have a tool which can export the Playa's customized model as a single .cmesh (with necessary accompanying files), so it can be implemented as an NPC. We can only hope there's someone out there skilled and patient enough to do that.

Not to be annoying
You're not annoying, M.NE! Without you asking about NPC Facial Hair, I wouldn't have fallen down the customization_items rabbit hole in the first place! (They are ALL included by the way. And you were right, Sykes uses a separate version of the stubble which has a lighter option. This will also be available.)

Yeah it would be cool to actually make custom npc's, actually two more questions will you move the tribal tattoo 8 I think from overseers to torso tattoos from nobody loves me and the leather choker to small necklaces? And if possible could you move all the eyelashes to a misc section?, I understand that idol ninja probably put them in Eyewear due to clipping but it's annoying that the boss wears glasses and they are missing eyelashes. I genuinely do appreciate you, even though I haven't done anything for the community you have helped me out so much, I especially appreciate the no stripper mod you made me months ago, couldn't stand them with there screaming "woohoo" when changing clothes.
P.S. sorry for the essay.

It does now! Thank you for reminding me! I'm going through ALL the items now to see which ones can use Logos which don't already.
View attachment 40449
To my delight, it turns out my Deep Sea Helmet can have Logos applied! Though they do also apply to the seaweed in their raw form.
View attachment 40448

Clothing items for the Playa are individual .cmeshs placed on top of the Playa's body .cmesh. The NPCs were created using this same exact system, but they were then combined into one single .cmesh file (this is why their clothing items can't be changed). So yes, they are separate, but born of the same system. Meaning anything seen on an NPC should be achievable on the Playa.

(Tangent): The dream would be to have a tool which can export the Playa's customized model as a single .cmesh (with necessary accompanying files), so it can be implemented as an NPC. We can only hope there's someone out there skilled and patient enough to do that.

You're not annoying, M.NE! Without you asking about NPC Facial Hair, I wouldn't have fallen down the customization_items rabbit hole in the first place! (They are ALL included by the way. And you were right, Sykes uses a separate version of the stubble which has a lighter option. This will also be available.)
im so excited for this mod lol

Back