Juiced Patch

It would be nice if someone managed to isolate the mission crash fixes from GOTR so it can be used with Juiced to keep it mostly vanilla.

It would be nice if someone managed to isolate the mission crash fixes from GOTR so it can be used with Juiced to keep it mostly vanilla.
you can take every file named like Ro01 and tss01 xtbl and lua and then put them in a seperate folder with the mod manager

you can take every file named like Ro01 and tss01 xtbl and lua and then put them in a seperate folder with the mod manager
Can you elaborate on that a little more? Am I correct in selecting these lua files from GOTR? as for xtbl there's way too many files to know which ones are for the crash fixes only. Or am I supposed to use every lua and xtbl file?
1722004887995.png

It could be a rollover problem. Some keyboards can't do certain key combinations. That's why gaming keyboards have what's known as n-key rollover.

Try this site to test if the tilde key combos work.
My keyboard is a standard HP office keyboard. It can detect 6 buttons at once.
My ~ key is shared with #. I can't access ~ without also pressing Shift. But because Shift isn't part of the shortcuts, the shortcuts aren't recognized in-game. (At least that's what I think is happening).

Using the test, I can achieve (eg: Ugly Mode shortcut):
List of recognized keys:
#,U
or
List of recognized keys:
SHIFT,~,U

Interestingly, if I press Shift then ~ very quickly, the ~ stays there and I can achieve:
List of recognized keys:
~,U
However, when in-game, this does not work.

I haven't used it myself, but have you tried Masamaru's Overhauled Stilwater? That includes all the fixes from GotR, while trying to stay close to vanilla.

I haven't used it myself, but have you tried Masamaru's Overhauled Stilwater? That includes all the fixes from GotR, while trying to stay close to vanilla.
Sorry I forgot to add that I am aware of Overhauled Stilwater but I'm personally not a fan as it too, introduces a bunch of non vanilla changes like texture packs etc. I'm only interested in critical crash and bug fixes combined with Juiced, that's all.

@SeaboundSaint

Have you tried using the key to the left on the 1 key on your keyboard? On my keyboard it's the `¬ key. Sometimes I have to use that instead of the tilde key in games. It's a weird quirk where Microsoft doesn't realise non US keyboards sometimes have different layouts and doesn't map keys properly.

@SeaboundSaint

Have you tried using the key to the left on the 1 key on your keyboard? On my keyboard it's the `¬ key. Sometimes I have to use that instead of the tilde key in games. It's a weird quirk where Microsoft doesn't realise non US keyboards sometimes have different layouts and doesn't map keys properly.
Uhh... Well now I feel stupid! It's not the key you mentioned, but it's the Apostrophe key.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience I've caused Uzis, Janson, or yourself with this. My bad. Thanks for your help, scanti.

thank you so much, i had this other tool that unlocked the fps but it only went to 40 and this here made my game play at 75 with some dips to 50.
i even have fullscreen, i used the Gibbed resolution modifier but it wasnt real fullscreen, its like my game skipped a generation of video games lol.

Back