Juiced Patch

F4 - Slew Mode (Replaced Detach Camera, Thanks Tervel)
Slew mode is a dream come true! Thank you!

I didn't see them listed anywhere, so here are the controls I've found so far:
W,A,S,D = Movement​
E = Increase Height​
Left SHIFT = Fine Control​
UP = Decrease FOV (Narrower)​
DOWN = Increase FOV (Wider)​
Q = Change Equipped Weapon (Still works while Slewed)​

Entering Slew Mode whilst in Fine Aim causes Playa to face the same direction as the Slew camera.

Here's some more feedback, if it's wanted:
(I've hidden it as a spoiler because I don't want to take up too much of the page.)
Added new option ([Gameplay] > BetterMovementBehaviour = 0-1)
Stops some animation events from running, more notably the 180 turn anims that add extra movement delay. Feels like SR1 movement.
I've done the same thing with my unreleased animations mod. Juiced Patch does it better though, because it disables those animations from outside of the animation set files themselves, so it works with any animations mods.

"run to stop" has been removed (fixing the weapon firing delay), but I know from development of my animations mod that "stand to ready" also negatively affects gunplay, and hasn't been removed by Juiced Patch.

A cool option to have would be the ability to toggle door animations on/off ("door open push" and "kick door"). (The door animations kinda break the flow of player movement imo, and it's satisfying barging through doors like they aren't even there!)

Speaking of animation fixes, I wonder if you guys would be able to fix this issue in a future update:
When you change the sex of your character to Female, the game assigns a set of feminine animations to the Playa.
However, the effects of this do not save in the PC Port, meaning whenever you load into an existing save, you will be made to use the default masculine animations.

Added new option ([Graphics] > RemoveVignette = 0-1)
Removes the vignette effect. (Thanks Tervel)
The "RemoveVignette" feature also disables 'fade-to/from-black' effects which are used to mask the loading of assets when loading into a game, or using teleporters. Hiding the HUD also does this.

([Graphics] > VanillaFXPlus= 0-1)
Enhances lighting and screen effects substantially, keeps the SR2 feel while removing the yellowy/orange tint to the entire screen and makes graphics sharper. (Thanks Tervel)
Maybe this is just an issue of preference, but the new optional "VanillaFXPlus" looks weird to me. It says that it removes the yellow/orange filter, but my game looks even oranger while outside, and bluer in interiors like Saints HQ.

I hate to sound like I'm being overly critical, but I want to provide useful feedback wherever I can because this project is so damn cool.

I've done the same thing with my unreleased animations mod. Juiced Patch does it better though, because it disables those animations from outside of the animation set files themselves, so it works with any animations mods.
all for compatibility sake yes
"run to stop" has been removed (fixing the weapon firing delay), but I know from development of my animations mod that "stand to ready" also negatively affects gunplay, and hasn't been removed by Juiced Patch.
stand to ready causes a weird issue where when you stagger from walking to standing your 2 handed guns use the 1 handed anim so i left it alone
1722371831193.png

A cool option to have would be the ability to toggle door animations on/off ("door open push" and "kick door"). (The door animations kinda break the flow of player movement imo, and it's satisfying barging through doors like they aren't even there!)
wasnt aware could you please show me this
Speaking of animation fixes, I wonder if you guys would be able to fix this issue in a future update:
id say just use that xtbl fix for now
The "RemoveVignette" feature also disables 'fade-to/from-black' effects which are used to mask the loading of assets when loading into a game, or using teleporters. Hiding the HUD also does this.
had no idea actually
Maybe this is just an issue of preference, but the new optional "VanillaFXPlus" looks weird to me. It says that it removes the yellow/orange filter, but my game looks even oranger while outside, and bluer in interiors like Saints HQ.
its all preference i personally think it looks better because those colors arent being muted or blurred with it on
I hate to sound like I'm being overly critical, but I want to provide useful feedback wherever I can because this project is so damn cool.
ur good lol

I can second the bit about RemoveVignette removing the fading effects to mask loading. In comparison, SuperUI's no-vignette option doesn't do this.

I can second the bit about RemoveVignette removing the fading effects to mask loading. In comparison, SuperUI's no-vignette option doesn't do this.
super ui no vignette is a texture swap while juiced is a texture remover so I'd say use super ui for it if you prefer. Just remember to edit super uis vint_lib.lua to always enable it instead of having to enable it every launch

First of all, tbh I don't know how to actually code (Python, C#, LUA, etc.), so I don't know what is and isn't possible with Juiced Patch. But I do know about SR2's .xtbl files and how they interact.

stand to ready causes a weird issue where when you stagger from walking to standing your 2 handed guns use the 1 handed anim so i left it alone
1722371831193.png
Huh. That is weird. It does look like the patch is also removing the "walk to stand" animation for the AK animation group, so the AK is falling back on it's parent animation group's (Rifle) "walk to stand" animation, which doesn't exist in any animation set (maybe a leftover), so it falls back further on Rifle's parent animation group's (default) "walk to stand" animation.

"walk to stand" is weird, because there is also the "walk to stand halfway" animation, which I think is to do with cancelling the animation halfway through. There is also another animation which does the same thing called "walk stop", but it's not used for weapons. (I did away with all of these in my project.)

anim_groups.xtbl will tell you which animation group is the parent of which weapon's animation group. For AK it goes; AK < Rifle < default.

It is still strange that any of this is happening though, if all that was removed was the "stand to ready" animation.

UPDATE: After doing some testing with gml1.xtbl, I can confirm it happens when either or both "walk to stand" and/or "walk to stand halfway" have been removed from AK's animation group.

wasnt aware could you please show me this
Sure:
sr2_NoDoorAnimsExample.gif
This was inspired by a speedrun strat where makeshift (Havok) weapons don't have door opening animations, so doors just open and you can run straight through.

Doors with hand icons use "door open push".
Doors with boot icons use "kick door".

All that needs doing is removing/disabling all instances of these animations from GML1.xtbl and GML1_Vehicles.xtbl. The triggers for the doors should still work perfectly.

I've attached Vanilla & GotR versions of those files with the door animations removed to this post, but obviously, it would be better for mod compatibility if it can be done via a toggle in Juiced Patch.

Attachments

• No Door Animations v1.0.zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Doesn't work for me somehow :( Game just won't launch. It says that it's launching and then just shuts down. I'm using clean Steam version, but I also tried to replace .exe file with the one from OpenSpy version, but this had no effect. Also tried to turn off all the settings in .ini file, but that didn't help as well.

UPD: Alright, so V1 works for me, I'm getting a small cmd window, then game starts, and I was able to use it both with Steam .exe version and GOG .exe.
Any other version just won't run for me, nothing happens.

UPD2: I saw V5.1.0 dropped and ran to install it instantly... And it works! And holy, this improved the game's performance a lot for me, and I can't be more grateful. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• capture.PNG
    capture.PNG
    27.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Back