BLACK OPS 3 Discussion

Yeah i just thought that someone would like to talk about this:
I have no much things to say right now so... MACHINE GUN ARM!

Meh. It's still COD. If I wanted to play with 5 year olds, I'd go rent a bounce house.

These are the main problems with the COD series in my opinion.
Short campaign.
OP as hell weapons that are unlocked WAY too early.
Melee weapons that deal more damage than a high-end laser cannon or light machine gun. (Seriously!? Are the knives and weapon stocks in this universe made out of Tungsten?)
Under powered weapons that for some reason require a higher level than the more OP guns. (Why were the AS14 and Bal-27 starter weapons while the SN6 and ARX were locked away?)
"Merica' fuck yeah" story. (No seriously when did we get to play as a British or Russian soldier outside multiplayer?)
Schizophrenic tone. (The reason why so many people enjoyed WAW and MW2 is that at least they were consistent in terms of tone. Hmm reminds me of two open world franchises that can't make their damn mind on what they want to be. COUGH GTA, COUGH SAINTS ROW).
Overpriced DLC. (How come three maps cost FIFTEEN freaking USD!?)
Cool gadgets and weapons that are only used for a fraction of a mission. (Grapple Hook, Sticky Gloves, Hover Tank, K9 Unit, Juggernaut Suit).
Maps that are either too big (Ghost) or borderline claustrophobic (MW3 and Advanced Warfare).
Mediocre servers.
Terrible community. (I think the only gaming fanbases that are worse would be Sonic and FNAF).

Last edited:
First of all, thank you for contributing in this post!
I Guess we are going to play as Woods Junior well, it looks like him to me, so i guess the character is his descendant:

3480p51.jpg

20110625154658!Woods_Looking_Like_Hammered_Shiatsu.jpg

2-FCgvOpq.jpg

Sorry for the LARGE images but, i do not know how to re-size them..

People always go "ur fkng fanboy/cod sukz" when i say that i really appreciate the Call of Duty series, they always think i'm another of those Multiplayer Afficionado/DLC-consumer but, NO i only play the game for the campaign, CoD is like The Expendables, Story may suck, but is fucking entertaining !

Meh. It's still COD. If I wanted to play with 5 year olds, I'd go rent a bounce house.
That's why i stick in the campaign, i play this game only for the experience and the story, even if there isn't any story, like some people say, it still being a big deal for me.

These are the main problems with the COD series in my opinion.
Short campaign.
OP as fuck weapons that are unlocked WAY too early.
Melee weapons that deal more damage than a fucking high-end laser cannon or light machine gun. (Seriously!? Are the knives and weapon stocks in this universe made out of Tungsten?)
Under powered weapons that for some reason require a higher level than the more OP guns. (Why were the AS14 and Bal-27 starter weapons while the SN6 and ARX were locked away?)
"Merica' fuck yeah" story. (No seriously when did we get to play as a British or Russian soldier outside multiplayer?)
Schizophrenic tone. (The reason why so many people enjoyed WAW and MW2 is that at least they were consistent in terms of tone. Hmm reminds me of two open world franchises that can't make their damn mind on what they want to be. COUGH GTA, COUGH SAINTS ROW).
Overpriced DLC. (How come three maps cost FIFTEEN freaking USD!?)
Cool gadgets and weapons that are only used for a fraction of a mission. (Grapple Hook, Sticky Gloves, Hover Tank, K9 Unit, Juggernaut Suit).
Maps that are either too big (Ghost) or borderline claustrophobic (MW3 and Advanced Warfare).
Mediocre servers.
Terrible community. (I think the only gaming fanbases that are worse would be Sonic and FNAF).

The game is linear. There really should be an option to at least choose what kind of equipment and approach you are going to use in a mission (for example, an infiltration mission would be cool with an juggernaut suit, but having the option to go stealth, oh yeah!)

Last edited:
If you want a good single player experience that lets you choose equipment and approach, then play Alpha Protocol (it's on Steam). Underrated game in my opinion.

They did experiment with the idea of customizable load-outs in BLOPS 2, but in typical Activision fashion it was never implemented in Ghosts or Advanced Warfare.
As for the new character being Woods son, Black Ops 2 took place in the 2020's and at that point in time the "classic characters" (Woods and Mason) appeared to be in their late 80's. While Black Ops 3 is stated to take place a few years after the events of Advanced Warfare (late 2050's-mid-2060's). So it's more likely this character could be Woods' grandson or a new character all together.

Back