Saints Row: The Third Busted

Didn't even knew you could get arrested in Sr2. I mean...yes I played it but it never happened to me.

Damn....add it back...somehow!
I am that kind of person that installs a prostitution mod in skyrim just so he can see how prostitutes search for customers and eventually disappear with them in their house and stuff.

IT'S ALL ABOUT IMMERSION!!!1eleven

Didn't even knew you could get arrested in Sr2. I mean...yes I played it but it never happened to me.

Damn....add it back...somehow!
I am that kind of person that installs a prostitution mod in skyrim just so he can see how prostitutes search for customers and eventually disappear with them in their house and stuff.
It was really rare, you had to be on the ground in ragdoll with a cop 2 feet away from you, no other enemies to the cop, and then he would arrest you (if he didn't taser, kick or shoot you which were more likely)
Trust me, it didn't immerse anything except for pissed off players who didn't know it could happen

It was really rare, you had to be on the ground in ragdoll with a cop 2 feet away from you, no other enemies to the cop, and then he would arrest you (if he didn't taser, kick or shoot you which were more likely)
Trust me, it didn't immerse anything except for pissed off players who didn't know it could happen

Yes indeed, and I believe you also must be below a certain amount of health. But when you are on the ground with a low amound of health sometimes you just wouldn't get up anymore untill a cop arrests you, which kinda sucked.

I loved it, personally.

I loved it, personally.

yeah me to. But like I said, if a cop is a distance away and your character just doesn't get up so the cop can bust you, thats kinda stupid. Had that 2 times or something. But I would say a big yes if they would want to include it again ^^

Frankly SR2's system is more acceptable than any other crime sim I play, especially since I have a "You'll never take me alive" mentality with the cops. In old GTAs you were caught if they opened your car door and in GTAIV....on foot pursuits are a pain because half the time your character just kinda gives up even if you try to fight it!

But SR2 also does bury it a bit because I've never gotten arrested while playing it and judging from other people's responses half the time you don't even know you CAN get arrested, so...perhaps it was a bit too obscure of a system for them to keep in?

Frankly SR2's system is more acceptable than any other crime sim I play, especially since I have a "You'll never take me alive" mentality with the cops. In old GTAs you were caught if they opened your car door and in GTAIV....on foot pursuits are a pain because half the time your character just kinda gives up even if you try to fight it!

But SR2 also does bury it a bit because I've never gotten arrested while playing it and judging from other people's responses half the time you don't even know you CAN get arrested, so...perhaps it was a bit too obscure of a system for them to keep in?

GTA had a good system, if you lay on the ground and the cops manage to get close to you before you get up, you're busted. But I do think they should handcuff you. When a cop opens your door and points a gun at you, and you have full hp, you know you could get away easily.

Oh yea, I forgot about that. Been a long time since I busted out the old GTAs, I just remember always getting pissed off about the car door thing. Yea, I can agree with the 'on the ground = busted' bit.

Sleeping Dogs had an interesting system, you could rapidly tap a button to pull off a trick of putting the cops own handcuffs on him when tries to arrest you. It was nearly impossible to mess it up, but it was nice to have an actual "resist" arrest feature.
The only reason that I did not like the busting system in saints row was that it felt like some kind of cheap shot insta kill that was random, reminds me of Halo "Killed by the guardians", I really miss Halo 2 on Xbox live

Last edited:
Back