Certain Facial Hair

How did idol ninja put certain npc hair and facial for the player not available in vanilla? because from the top of my head there's some brotherhood members, Richie and Sykes with unique facial hair.

Attachments

• Brotherhood_-_male_soldier_-_hispanic_-_character_model_in_Saints_Row_2.png
    Brotherhood_-_male_soldier_-_hispanic_-_character_model_in_Saints_Row_2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
  • Brotherhood_-_male_soldier_-_white_-_character_model_in_Saints_Row_2.png
    Brotherhood_-_male_soldier_-_white_-_character_model_in_Saints_Row_2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
  • Richie_-_closeup_with_earmuffs_removed.png
    Richie_-_closeup_with_earmuffs_removed.png
    292.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
(Your links didn't work for me, but I found Richie & Sykes's images over on Fandom.)

Good eye! I can't say I ever noticed Richie's goatee.
It does exist in customization_items.xtbl, but doesn't appear in the Plastic Surgeon.
I've never tried implementing hairstyles or clothing items before so I'm not sure how Idol did it.

Richie's Goatee is called "goatee 11". It's files are named "cmBea_mGoat11".

As for Sykes, he uses the same five o-clock shadow that appears in the Plastic Surgeon: "5 o-clock shadow 1".

(Your links didn't work for me, but I found Richie & Sykes's images over on Fandom.)

Good eye! I can't say I ever noticed Richie's goatee.
It does exist in customization_items.xtbl, but doesn't appear in the Plastic Surgeon.
I've never tried implementing hairstyles or clothing items before so I'm not sure how Idol did it.

Richie's Goatee is called "goatee 11". It's files are named "cmBea_mGoat11".

As for Sykes, he uses the same five o-clock shadow that appears in the Plastic Surgeon: "5 o-clock shadow 1".
Yeah it's mainly what would be in the beard section is what some npc's have that's unique and your right about Sykes I thought it was different since it's lighter.

And there's no picture on the wiki but there's some brotherhood members that sometimes have the short soul patch or a goatee with stubble.

I've managed to get them to show. But there's one problem. GotR's customization_items.xtbl is already right on the edge of memory. Meaning only one item can be made available per file.

All I've done is remove <Flag>not ready</Flag> from "Goatee 11", "Goatee 1", and "Goatee 2".

As you mentioned, there are probably many more of these. But again, only one can be made available per customization_items.xtbl file.

The folder I've attached contains one customization_items.xtbl for each of the beards you've requested.

Attachments

• Beards for M.NE.zip
    544.8 KB · Views: 53
I've managed to get them to show. But there's one problem. GotR's customization_items.xtbl is already right on the edge of memory. Meaning only one item can be made available per file.

All I've done is remove <Flag>not ready</Flag> from "Goatee 11", "Goatee 1", and "Goatee 2".

As you mentioned, there are probably many more of these. But again, only one can be made available per customization_items.xtbl file.

The folder I've attached contains one customization_items.xtbl for each of the beards you've requested.
Thank you once again for helping me I really appreciate it :) but I had a feeling a memory issue is the reason idol ninja didn't add them cause if he could he probably would have and btw looking forward to future sr2 mods coming from you :)

Back