Combining Bloodshed and Unlocked temporary weapons mods

Hi, i tried two excellent mods today, The bloodshed mod (By Cynical mass) and the Unlocked temp weapons mod (by Snipe).

As mentionned in the Bloodshed mod's post, we have to choose between this mod or the other. But the two are so cool that i wish the two of them to be combined, and i do not think it's impossible to do.

So if someone (with agreement of Snipe and Cynical mass of course) could make this happen, it would definitely make my day (and i'm sure i won't be the only one ). :)

Looks the only file they share is weapons.xtbl.

I'm not really all that experienced with these mods (nor do I have a good "conversion rate" of combining mods, but I have done it for myself on occasion), so, backup EEEEEVERYTHING before you attempt this. The files from both mods, any .asm_pc files you have in your root, and what the hell, all your saves.

You should be able to compare the .xtbl files using good ol' WinMerge, which is free on its official website here.

You open up 2 files, and it shows you, line-by-line, which lines differ, and is (somewhat) smart when recognizing lines that don't appear at all in the other document, and leaves a gap, highlights every difference nice an' purdy for ya.

Now, to understand what each mod specifically edits, you should compare each mod's weapons.xtbl file with the vanilla one, and see which fields each mod changes, and then compare them to each other, so you're not flying blind as to which field's editing would be ideal for what you want.

But, that's 2x the work, so it's your call.

Either way, that's your best bet. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but that by no means means that it will.

Allright i'll try to get what i want from this file, i checked it a bit and as everything finds an explanation in the bottom lines, i think i'll succeed :)

thanks for the help !

Back