custom models?

hey i dont know if this thread belongs here but anyways i want to know if it is possible to add custom models to the game? just as an example if i would want to change the models of the alien blasters from the new dlc into the weapon models from mass effect would that be possible?

No. We do not have mesh or texture tools yet.

NifSkope can make that ?, in Fallout 3 and NV (yes, i am an modder of these) i use nifskope for making my models. After i dont know if SR:TT can have .nif ?

Probably in the sense that both games can have 3d studio max (or whatever tool Volition used, 3d max seems most common). As in, they have to be exported from your 3d editing software as whatever internal formats used. Seen some people getting a sense of the vertexes of models, and seen stuff on replacing textures from the game, but nothing on the level of full out exporting/importing tools. Also don't expect one any time soon, unless Volition decides to spontaneously release their internal format specs or something (I've seen some game devs do that before, but usually the restriction is as much legal as anything else)

Kinda wish I knew that sort of stuff, or I'd help poke at the 3d formats.. but it's all hex to me (which I can't read either!)

It's actually a special group we put pirates in that gives them that title. Kind of like a brig. :D

this is a related question, what about EXPORTING saints row 3 models to fallout 3, gta 4 etc? I would LOVE to use my player (check my avatar) in either of those games - I thought I saw a screenshot of an SR3 taxi in the GTA4 engine on facebook this morning, unless it was just the GTA4 taxi model modded with SR3 textures?

As far as I know, based on my modding knowledge for the GTA-series and the NFS-series, the converted models from different games like Burnout Paradise, Saints Row 2, Mafia etc. are exported via 3Dx-Ripper drirectly ingame. I Never used this tool before, but afaik it uses the directX rendering to rip models and textures directly out of the game, ready to import it as a scene into 3Ds-Max.

Importing into the game only works correctly if the complete material settings, model specifications, hierarchy of the model parts, skeletons for player and npc models, dummies and texture formats, as well as the 3d model formats are known.

Back