Custom radio?

Not in tables, but Wwise does.

As for Metallica missions, that would actually be a much easier process. Replacing mission music can be simple but if you really wanted to put some time into it, it could make the whole experience feel different.

For those curious, there's basically two approaches to modding audio: Replace existing assets or add your own system that ducks whatever you're trying to overwrite. Neither is relatively simple but the difficulty varies depending on what you're trying to change. It's easy to assign music to an event that ducks the existing mission score, it's challenging to cut up the song to match the existing interactive music that's already in place.

Short version: My theory was right, this can happen, but it's a matter of getting the audio SDK assembled in a manner that the copyright lawyers will be comfortable with. I couldn't do this very easily (if at all) without Wwise.

those copyright lawyers aren't able to do anything if a mod just allows you to play custom music inside a game. they can only take steps if said mod comes with custom music that's copyrighted.

those copyright lawyers aren't able to do anything if a mod just allows you to play custom music inside a game. they can only take steps if said mod comes with custom music that's copyrighted.

He's talking about the legal issues of including parts of the wwise application with the tools, and not what the user does with his own music.

I was about to ask if this would be possible on SR2, but I guess not, maybe when a complete SDK is released the community can do it instead, perhaps?

I don't get it.

Hmm.. WWise doesn't support mp3, but it DOES support Vorbis, and there are plenty of mp3->orbis convertors out there...

Screw that, all you need is Audacity.

He's talking about the legal issues of including parts of the wwise application with the tools, and not what the user does with his own music.
Well we already redistribute the correct version of Wwise for SRTT on this forum and we do have a contact there who approved that, so it's not without hope. :)

Back