Did THQ quit making saints row games ?

Does u has information about what happend to the staff from THQ? did they go to another company and stuff ?

All of them got sold to other publisher, Volition and 4A Games went to Deep Silver, Relic went to Sega, the South Park game went to Ubisoft. Cant remember the others.

*edit
Homeworld IP from Relic went to Gearbox.

Last edited:
Geomod in SR...one can dream. Maybe in about one or two console generations...
Since [V] does in fact read these, I'm going to say, I'd like that to be a thing. Maybe sometime in the future, if Saints Row ever gets revisited, whether it be a sequel, a remake, a spinoff, a reimagining, or whatever, you could create Stilwater, Steelport, or anywhere else with the geomod engine.

I don't really wanna blow up the environment, I just want bigger environments that I can explore. Saints Row The Third and IV seem to be giving the minimum if you'll pardon the insult... I mean, it looks like a city and everything but there's not much interaction, especially once the missions are done. It's very... "look but don't touch" to me. I'd like to find secrets and places I never knew about like SR2.

Oh no, not the Geo Mod discussion!?!? Hahaha, it is the unanswerable question! I saw (V) guys going back and forth on this. It's insane. Literally no one seems to know exactly what the state of Geo mod is.....seems like a kinda important thing to know. I bet the bean counters know. Knobby(V) needs to ask them while whooping their asses, as he does on occasion.

HOLD ON! If Volition actually still owns Geo mod then Nordic would have to license it from them since they are technically the publishers of all the past Red Faction games.....retroactively....that'd be weird.....however that might have been in the contract.....so they own the contents....just not the core game system.....derp derp....that might not have been such a great deal. They in no way could reproduce the Geo mod. I guess they still get the money from every Steam copy of Red Faction sold...yippy....that and $4 will by you an iced coffee. Boy....that actually sucks. Dead Island: Rip Tide and SR 4 are both made from previous installments assets to save time and money. In theory Nordic could basically mod RF guerrilla and make a new game....however, all the licenses would have to be renewed....including Geo mod.

Back on topic....yes. THQ has jiggled it's last purple dong. Farwell THQ.....you.....lasted longer then you probably should of. Thanks for giving me someone to complain about other then EA.

Even if we don't own it (I'm not actually sure myself)... We can rebuild it. We have the technology.

Really that'd be the best for gamer's I think. Admittedly, you'll need a Geo mod 3.0 anyways, while Nordic will have a fighting chance at a new Red Faction with Volition tech I don't they could create on their own. Win, win! Nordic is kinda like Gallagher Too now.....that's only funny to me......

THQ has jiggled it's last purple dong. Farwell THQ.....you.....lasted longer then you probably should of. Thanks for giving me someone to complain about other then EA.

I didnt know so many people hated THQ, I like them as they helped made/publish one of the best RTS games for me, Company of Heroes and W40k Dawn Of War and for publishing Saints Row series. Seeing Relic went to Sega kinda worries me, they could rush out a half bake game and made based on what reviewer will think when they play it for the first few hours like Rome 2. Not sure about Deep Silver, they seem to be a small company with no much games.

I think we can still blame THQ for the idea of having tons of DLC costumes since from what I heard from Project CARS developers, games DLC are always planned ahead and they are normally incomplete stuff or stuff that dont seem to suit the main game.

Even if we don't own it (I'm not actually sure myself)... We can rebuild it. We have the technology.

You guys are the brains behind it anyway, even if Nordic plan to continue the franchise, I dont think it will be as good as before. Games normally went crap after developer change.

Back