Saints Row IV Enter the Dominatrix - 22 Oct 2013

I really liked EtD.

yes, me to but... there are jokes and jokes...

Fun jokes : The interview style, the meme references, raptors yeah why not!

Bullshit jokes : Ziniak's battle! if your DLC is short as fuck, at least script a nice fight! Cutscenes, AGAIN at least give us some eye candy...

More bullshit : ZERO difficutly! The Dom, dominatrix...etc same fight as the other super powered mobs... I litterally stand still and shoot!

Even more bullshit : Point A, kill--->go to Point B---> Point B, kill---> if """long""" mission go to point C repeat!

A lot of those stuffs can be excused and looks like good/original/fun ideas IF and only IF your DLC is at least 3 hours long!

I found EtD to be very disappointing... to the point it baffled me...

Pros:
- Heavy weapons are back in, equipable this time too.
- Donnie.

Cons:
- Doesn't continue or add to the story at all!
- Uninspired missions, to the point of being mind numbing.
- Lack of actual new content.
- Lack of unlockable rewards.
- No time travel (after all that build up at the end of SR IV's story)!
- Velociraptor appear in the game for thirty seconds of play time! o_O
- Jokes up until the Velociraptor introduction completely fall flat.
- Absolutely no replay value.

Basically EtD is a half assed "what if" scenario as SR III DLC instead of a full blown sequel which became SR IV.

I can think up of a better story addition to this in less than two minutes, here goes:
Zinyak took an interest in Velociraptor during Earth's past due to their ferocious cunning and follower potential, he captured one and hooked it up to the simulation. After Zinyak's defeat, the Saints (with the help of Jane Austin) discover a hidden Velociraptor program stored in the zin system which when activated causes a Velociraptor outbreak/invasion of the steelport simulation. You then set off to find out why and how this has happened, attempting to find a way to rid the simulation of the invading Velociraptor. However thanks to Kinzie's excellent hacking skills you find out that a rogue program known as the "Dominatrix" corrupted the Velociraptor code which in turn caused it to infect the various simulations. During your quest to stop the Dominatrix and her Velociraptor army you come across Donnie and free him from his pod, he then proceeds in joining you becoming another super homie. Kinzie creates an anti virus Velociraptor program which aids you in combating the Dominatrix's Velociraptor, and after one big showdown you defeat the vile wench and her dino army. The epilogue to this story is you learning the language of the Velociraptor, then traveling back in time to form an alliance with this species of dinosaur (possibly to gather forces to combat the Zin before they destroy the Earth, having one more battle with Zinyak himself, so a "To be concluded" can be given here).

Last edited:
I personally am not a fan of ETD, i don't despise it nessisarily, but it's definitely got problems imo (that and i outright hate the story).

Basically, i can see why it was left on the cutting room floor and we got the current version of SR4 we have (which is awesome).

Oh and it brought back 2 characters i hate, donnie and zimos, but that's a taste issue.
Was it worth the money to me?
Eh yeah, i learned what the game was originally conceptualized as, so that's worth a look.

Yeah, pretty let down by this DLC.
I took my 'sweet time' with this (letting conversations finish before moving on, scrutinizing the... 1..unique'ish location) and even then it was done in under 90 minutes.

And while I understand the way the 'cut-scenes' were presented, one time was nice, after that it became stale pretty quick.

I had a chuckle or two, could appreciate some of the references, the "It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again" was well placed.
But... really... had I known this would be all we got...I'd not have gotten the season pass, I'd expected something a bit more...well.... just more everything. Except for maybe the grossly overpowered superweapons, there could've been a bit less of that.

I have a couple of questions about this.

1. Do the kills for the Dominatrix's minions count towards the minigun, flamethrower and grenade launcher achevements? I assume they do, but I'm not sure.

2. How come there's no update on the screen showing you how close you are to the achievement for those three? All other number based achievements have updates...

Trailer is out!

Back