Game not running when Special K is active

Hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone has encountered this issue when running Special K? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled Special K and this is still happening. I've also just recently updated my GPU driver and it's still popping up. Does anyone know a fix?| Thanks in advanced!

Screenshot 2024-06-09 215310.jpg

To add, the game works fine when Special K isn't running. But obviously, I'd like to play the game with Special K active. Saints row used to work when Special K was running but eventually uninstalled the game. But since I reinstalled the game, I've been encountering this issue. Any leads to resolving this?

I found this having just had the same issue. Dunno why it suddenly changed but I think I've fixed it!

In folder: Special K\Profiles\Saints Row, find the file SpecialK.ini. In the ini file, under [SpecialK.System] heading, change the line:
GlobalInjectDelay=0.0
to
GlobalInjectDelay=15.0

I found the launcher start-up takes about 10 seconds for me before the fullscreen game loads, so setting this to 15 seconds let the game start before Special K kicked in during the titles. As far as I can tell, it's working properly now.

Also, changing this seemed to fix the crash when I tried to open the overlay:
[Steam.Log]
Silent=false
to
Silent=true

Oh! I have actually changed the Steam.Log to True but I haven't tried changing the global inject though! I'll try it out :) Thanks for this!

[UPDATE]

Works fine on my end! Thanks so much for this fix!

Last edited:
I found this having just had the same issue. Dunno why it suddenly changed but I think I've fixed it!

In folder: Special K\Profiles\Saints Row, find the file SpecialK.ini. In the ini file, under [SpecialK.System] heading, change the line:
GlobalInjectDelay=0.0
to
GlobalInjectDelay=15.0

I found the launcher start-up takes about 10 seconds for me before the fullscreen game loads, so setting this to 15 seconds let the game start before Special K kicked in during the titles. As far as I can tell, it's working properly now.

Also, changing this seemed to fix the crash when I tried to open the overlay:
[Steam.Log]
Silent=false
to
Silent=true
this didnt work for me. im getting the same error as the picture above when i try. any help?

im having this same problem, i tried what the comments said but it still doesnt work
does the game take long to boot up?
if so you may need to change global delay higher. maybe 30 seconds, 45 etc...

Back