Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

Pretty weird. No idea what is going on there but here are a few ideas and comments.

First, I've never had that error with Idol's pack and also run Win 7 64bit here. It works if I just click in Windows Explorer or if one opens a proper command console
to run the batch file.

2. I suggest you try reinstalling NET framework and be sure it is patched proper after you run Windows Update. But see item 5 below first.
3: You should not have to be using ADMIN mode. That batch file and applications it invokes in 'tools' directory should and do run fine in USER mode.
(assuming of course you unzipped the archive with the proper sub-directories intact in a directory AND you as a USER have write access to.)
4. I did a Google search using your application error and found all sorts of confusing directions to go in. Could be you have something on your system messing with NET.
5. I do not know if GIBBED tools even needs NET to work. Beyond my knowledge pool.

IT is all I could think of right now. Good luck maybe someone else has some other ideas.

When I was running my buddy through how to install GoS he initially had an issue where the .bat couldn't find the optional folder. Turns out he was running the bat file from within the zip rather than extracting it! However this dude says he extracted with 7-zip and winRAR so I don't know how much help that could be.

I'm pretty sure i have a problem with .netframework 3.5, i'm investigating the issue atm, i might have to to do a repair/restoration.

Thx for the reply :)

3.5 is outdated. You should try downloading and installing .net framework 4.5
http://www.microsoft.com/net/download/version-4

I figured I check mine since I was thinking of it due to this post. I had 4.03 version. So I go to MS and get the 4.5 . Installed it.
I didn't bother uninstalling 4.03 and it seems to have automagically removed 4.03 and now only 4.5 show in uninstall programs.
So that was nice, assuming it is not lying.

Just a word to the wise though fellow internet trawlers....
Sure enough anytime you do that IMMEDIATLY after it installs, go to Windows update. I have 9 security updates to install
now for 4.5 net! Haha.
Just thought I'd mention that as it can be serious as NET is a potentially nasty vector for , erm, nasty things. Of course, what is not.

Now I"m looking at all those MS visual C++ redistributal packages that date to 2005. I'm wondering if I should remove all of that DROSS but
the latest MS Visual C++. I don't program that it is just there as some damn programs insist on installing it. Any ideas? Leave it be or remove the old 'dross' Visual C++ packs????

EDITING POST. I just answer myself, after doing the work I should have done via search engine. Answer is NO, do not remove all taht old damn C installs. Due to breaking
possible program installs that require version specific dlls of old C distribs. What a
fraking mess. What is going to happen in 10 years time? Stupid. 40 versions of C++

Sorry for offtopicness. Move along now, nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Is there some way to check ingame to see if it is working? like, any obvious changes? I don't j know if it is working because the oopen cheats extra isn't working

Is there some way to check ingame to see if it is working? like, any obvious changes? I don't j know if it is working because the oopen cheats extra isn't working

Do you have mission replay options in your phone?

Are you sure you selected it when building the mod?

Back