Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

Shiny Clothing menu completed

0cVP7.jpg

Terrific! Really can't wait to try this out! Also if you're considering releasing GoS in different languages, count me in (especially because clothes names have also been translated)

Will this new GUI allow us to toggle off certain features of specific mods? For instance, I keep the Cyrus uniform out of my shop because the weird fingers freak me out, and I have to keep the extra taunts mod from adding the Shark Attack taunts because just scrolling past them on the menu can crash my game. And of course, the Woodpecker is my favorite plane and I always forget to avoid changing its tire treads like the idiot I am.

It's easy enough for me to dig through the files for those mods and remove those myself, but it'd be really convenient to have that ability! I'm assuming from the rest of what I see that this will be a possibility, but I'm just putting this out there. I got the game on the Steam sale and this really enhances the game, thanks for all the hard work!

Will this new GUI allow us to toggle off certain features of specific mods? For instance, I keep the Cyrus uniform out of my shop because the weird fingers freak me out, and I have to keep the extra taunts mod from adding the Shark Attack taunts because just scrolling past them on the menu can crash my game. And of course, the Woodpecker is my favorite plane and I always forget to avoid changing its tire treads like the idiot I am.

It's easy enough for me to dig through the files for those mods and remove those myself, but it'd be really convenient to have that ability! I'm assuming from the rest of what I see that this will be a possibility, but I'm just putting this out there. I got the game on the Steam sale and this really enhances the game, thanks for all the hard work!

While I certainly can drill down and offer those kind of choices, it doesn't make sense to do so. First of all, it's much easier to take a full package and just copy the whole files over instead of replacing individual lines within each one. Adding that kind of capability you're looking for with every single mod would delay the gui version even more and it's already been in development for months now. There is also an additional problem of screen real estate in the gui if I were to offer every single possible combination of mods. It would really turn into a convoluted mess of an eyesore. As it stands, I can barely even squeeze in all the weapons and physics stuff so that it all relates and makes sense.

So, no. I'm sorry but the granular control will only be for certain mods/options like homies, FOV, Weapons, and Tweak Table values, and possibly other options that warrant it.

Also, regarding your three specific issues:
* There is no good way to isolate only certain vehicles (like the Woodpecker) and remove wheel customization options like you're looking for
* Your discomfort at seeing weird fingers on the Cyrus suit is unfortunately not something I can bring myself to care about much
* Due to crashing, an option to remove the Shark Attacked taunt does makes sense, so I can do at least that much for you.

I hope my post isn't too disheartening. I do welcome any other requests or suggestions for additional options and would certainly consider them. :)

It's not disheartening at all! Like I said all my weird, picky gripes are stuff I can easily isolate myself (my gripe with the Cyrus outfit is totally just an OCD thing that I can just as easily remove by going through the tables in notepad and taking them out anyway, and the other one is my own fault anyway!). Just wanted to toss in some thoughts.

I'm pretty excited for this!

EDIT: Oh, just to make it clear both of the shark-related animations cause crashes on the taunt menu for me. I think it's a DX9 issue because my friend running the DX9 version has the same problem but my friend who runs the DX10/11 version can do it fine. I guess this isn't even the right place to be mouthing off about the animations anyway, though.

Just one question, do I need to install th Gentlemen of Steelport inside the root folder or i can just let it in my desktop?

Just one question, do I need to install th Gentlemen of Steelport inside the root folder or i can just let it in my desktop?

You can extract and run GoS from anywhere. The final step of the process is you manually moving your newly created mod files to your srtt install folder.

another thing, thanks for all your effort guys, you are doing a great job and making my experience in SRTT a lot funnier!

thanks for the explanation IdolNinja, I've being watching your job closely and it's pretty nice to use this great help you and all other modders are offering.

EDIT: Oh, just to make it clear both of the shark-related animations cause crashes on the taunt menu for me. I think it's a DX9 issue because my friend running the DX9 version has the same problem but my friend who runs the DX10/11 version can do it fine. I guess this isn't even the right place to be mouthing off about the animations anyway, though.

I am a Dx10/11 user and it happens to me also, not instantly but id say 1 out of 4 times when choosing a taunt its made me crash lol I usually scroll quick to avoid letting it load the animation :p

Back