Goodbye Volition

I update if someone isn't familiar and is having that issue:

Seems this isn't a bug. Actually, some people on Steam forums are noted that in Saints Row 2022, FSR 2.0 upscaling technology can't be used when running the game in DirectX 11 mode. It can be only active in DirectX 12 and Vulcan game modes, which is strange because on many other AAA / open-world games supporting FSR it can be enabled even under DirectX 11 just fine, but this doesn't seems to be the case with Saints Row (2022).

Is this involving only the steam version then or goes that also for the GOG version?

No game company "deserves" to be disbanded.

Yes they did ignore their core fanbase and just hope that we'd either like it, or they could draw in lots of new fans (and I'm not sure which one of those actually happened if they did manage to sell 1,500,000 copies).

But even if we didn't like the latest few games, there were still elements of those games that prove they could've still come back with a Saints Row that old fans and new fans would all love.

But sometimes these companies get to the point in a series where they feel like it's turned into nothing but fan service (Eg: Johnny Gat's return, Fun Shaundi's return, pointless "romance" cutscenes that imply your character has sex with one of your homies, Missions that seem like hollow parodies of former missions from previous games, and countless nonsensical retconning that just confuses everything we know about the series)

So they reboot the series with a fresh set of characters - Fine.

But making this kind of move is the make or break point for the IP, not for the company.

Usually a company can bounce back after a bad game, but unfortunately for Volition, they had a bit of a bad run for a few games: GOH, AOM, and SRR... And during that time they've been passed around quite a bit.

As much as I hate the latest game, I'm not exactly happy with the idea of some other company trying to make the next Saints Row game. At least Volition do know what can make a real Saints Row... I'm not sure any other company could make a real Saints Row.

At this point all I think I want is a remake of Saints Row 2006, and Saints Row 2 rolled into one long game. I'll probably make a new thread about it somewhere.
what they did wasnt ignoring but fighting their own fan base over real issues

I dont know what any of us were expecting, I kind of feel bad for them but at the same time I remember what they did to the IP, it really begs the question what were they thinking???

Seriously

How did the plot of the game get past the concept phase, let's take a franchise about GANGBANGERS to RICHES/CEO (then Absurdity) and let's change it to life is strange esque soft boy characters,

It's like they forgot what game series they were working on, and when working on a REBOOT of your flagship franchise why wouldn't they look back to what started it?

It's like if they made DOOM 2016 but instead of killing demons it's a farming sim with only vague doom iconography like Cacodemons and vague references to demons here and there, never thought I would see the day they managed to not only kill the franchise, but themselves alongside it.

Such a disappointment, they had the ball in their hand and they fumbled it so bad they killed their golden goose, I was so hyped for the reboot when they first showed the graffiti teaser.

It could've been so good, it's baffling as to why they didn't capitalize on a time where it was nearly a decade since the last GTA, they could've beat rockstar to the punch, once again proving as to why Saints Row Matters(d?). This is such a bitter feeling. hopefully there will be a spiritual successor because I don't see any company using the Saints Row IP outside of crossovers and marketing gimmicks.

can you drop the virtuous facade for one freaking second? and of course, stop playing victim. every interaction of yours is full of self-pity. Jesus Christ.

RWS post stills living rent free on your mind
And that vinski dude defend him LMAO you dont know nothing about beyonce outsides forum so that Vinski dude can STFU callinf me shame he want to me because i have a lot proof to show hes really playing victim card heck even Justified the action calling Community terrorist its acceptable.. and Willing to defend steph and calling rpg hurt her so badly and cursin rpg after that its the worst thing Srr credit dude ever did lol

Just gonna say They deserve it after what they did to that shitty takes account.. feels sorry ? Not even

Last edited:
hopefully there will be a spiritual successor because I don't see any company using the Saints Row IP outside of crossovers and marketing gimmicks.
I'm not sure if that's ever going to be a thing. SR 2022 was such a huge disaster that there is a good chance that it affected the genre itself and other publishers will just go "this is Rockstar's turf, everyone else failed, let's just not touch it" after this for at least a good while. That would suck.

I don't think that there is a company out there that could produce a GTA competitor at this point, Rockstar is just way ahead of everyone and the budget they can work with is incomprehensible for any other studio. On the other hand a smaller "alternative" to GTA that keeps the spirit of SR / GTA 3 / VC / SA alive would be awesome even if it's just "AA" instead of AAA. I miss those smaller sandboxes that focused more on fun than on realism yet they could still tell compelling stories.

Rockstar is just way ahead of everyone and the budget they can work with is incomprehensible for any other studio.

No lies here. According to Strauss Zelnick (Take2 CEO), GTA profits makes up to 45% of Take2 earnings.
It's easy as hell when Take2 have an extremely loyal fanbase that accepts anything Rockstar shoves up their asses.

So. yep. We won't see people daring to cross into the "Open-world Sandbox crime game" territory for a long time... SHAME.
Unless some indie dev decides to do something and gives us something to keep us away from GTA. I'm not talking about 171 tho (the will is there, but they are a bit misguided on their priorities).

No lies here. According to Strauss Zelnick (Take2 CEO), GTA profits makes up to 45% of Take2 earnings.
It's easy as hell when Take2 have an extremely loyal fanbase that accepts anything Rockstar shoves up their asses.

So. yep. We won't see people daring to cross into the "Open-world Sandbox crime game" territory for a long time... SHAME.
Unless some indie dev decides to do something and gives us something to keep us away from GTA. I'm not talking about 171 tho (the will is there, but they are a bit misguided on their priorities).
I know about That and GTA will not have competition for a long time i dont think Ubisoft gonna launch another WD

And that vinski dude defend him LMAO you dont know nothing about beyonce outsides forum so that Vinski dude can STFU callinf me shame he want to me because i have a lot proof to show hes really playing victim card heck even Justified the action calling Community terrorist its acceptable.. and Willing to defend steph and calling rpg hurt her so badly and cursin rpg after that its the worst thing Srr credit dude ever did lol

Just gonna say They deserve it after what they did to that shitty takes account.. feels sorry ? Not even
i don't care about any petty beef you have with some random fan or DS' community manager. you are behaving like a total self-centered jackass to derail the thread to air out your personal grievances and it's exhausting.

Back