Goodbye Volition

It hurts a bit that all of that is now essentially lost. Aside of documentation, there were some cool things that I wish would have seen the light of day outside of Volition.

But even though it's gone, I'm left with something. Inspired by Volition, I started working on cool things of my own after the closure.
Wow, interesting discover here on the agent of mayhem auto-build engine, looks very interesting. More game engines should adopt this faster build method in the future. that way we can get new maps and DLC`s quicker. if only the same thing where to be done with character models, where AI generates poly characters via what we text into the AI`s engine.

Last edited:
It hurts a bit that all of that is now essentially lost. Aside of documentation, there were some cool things that I wish would have seen the light of day outside of Volition.

But even though it's gone, I'm left with something. Inspired by Volition, I started working on cool things of my own after the closure.
F yeah!!! Bad ass. I remember dinking around with that prototype in 3dsMAX. These days, it seems a lot of people have gravitated towards Houdini to accomplish similar things.

The remaster broke SRTT more than it improved it, so giving SR1 or 2 the same treatment would be unwise.

Yeah, the content was built on a razor's edge of hardware performance. You'd have better luck rebuilding a 10' tall deck of cards with shinier playing cards.

F yeah!!! Bad ass. I remember dinking around with that prototype in 3dsMAX. These days, it seems a lot of people have gravitated towards Houdini to accomplish similar things.
Yeah, I've seen some amazing things things done with Houdini, like the Unreal Engine Matrix thing.

Also, finally getting some good looking corners on the intersections
1693950975782.png

guys I am so sad. this could have been great. i wonder if one day we will ever get an in depth of what happend to this reboot, what was the cause of such drastic change? this is so sad. there are no more open world crime games now outside of GTA

guys I am so sad. this could have been great. i wonder if one day we will ever get an in depth of what happend to this reboot, what was the cause of such drastic change? this is so sad. there are no more open world crime games now outside of GTA
I agree with him he seems smart and cool

Yes it is indeed strange how this once all-conquering genre has been reduced to almost a single remaining IP. How did this happen? Did the dominance of GTA make everyone else give up?
For what it's worth, Mafia 4 has been confirmed, although its said to be years away still.

Back