Hats dont change original hair.

I haven't dug too deep but how hard would it be to make it not hide hair when putting on a hat.
Better yet, I'm trying to remake a hoodie I have in real life which has cat ears on the hood.
Could it be made to wear a hat over the hoodie possibly? Maybe move the ears to the necklace slot or something similar.
Please investigate with me, thanks.

Well I did it!
Pretty simple task now that I think.

upload_2019-4-4_16-33-31.png

Just open customization_items.xtbl, find the item, and switch it from headwear to eyewear.
upload_2019-4-4_16-34-55.png

I think it adds a lot of subtle detail, I think I'll convert all the small objects from hats to other slots. They don't fit there anyways. They're more like accessories.
upload_2019-4-4_16-41-38.png

But now you can't wear glasses with your hats XD...I think you should just remove "Obscured_slots" that obscures hair, and hats.
I would but I'm trying to avoid errors and such. I moved the ears to the sock slot lol

If I get rid of the head hair one, then hair wouldnt get all flat and would go through the hoodie tho, I'll try headwear tho.

It did not work. The hoodie just goes back down when I go over a hat.

It did not work. The hoodie just goes back down when I go over a hat.
Damn, it's more complicated than I thought. Well at least that's how it works in the later games.
Edit: Okay I got it, not only do you need to remove the <Obscured_slot>, you also need to remove the <Incompatible_Flag>.
hat-glasses-and-hoodie.jpg

The removal of the incompatible flag means to allow the hat while the hoodie is up and the removal of the obscured slot means to not hide the hat when the hoodie is up.

Last edited:
Could someone please help me to do this I deleted the lines and my game crashes, all I really want is to wear hats without the hair going flat.

Back