How do you feel about Saints Row DLC?

What are you feelings regarding Saints Row DLC for SRTT and SRIV?

• I love it and can't wait to buy more!

Votes: 38 11.8%
  • I like it and buy some of it that interests me

Votes: 76 23.6%
  • I like the mission packs, but not the item ones (clothing, weapons)

Votes: 80 24.8%
  • I like the items dlc packs, but not the mission ones

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • I like the dlc, but it costs more than it's worth

Votes: 97 30.1%
  • I dislike most of the dlc that's been released so far

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • I hate Volition's DLC practices!

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • I want an expansion to the base game that adds additional features

Votes: 173 53.7%

• Total voters
if this were a bad game i wouldnt give 2 shits about dlcs. but, in all honesty, i love this game. one of my favorites of last year (next to animal crossing new leaf and pokemon x/y, havent played zelda a link between worlds, but i reaaally want to... yah my name is SMASHBRO596 so obviusly imma be a big nintendo fanboy). and yeah the clothes may seem pointless. but they arent making you buy them. in fact, they are just there to give you more options to deck yourself out in. id love to see a new expansion, new weapons (weapon skins and weapon outfits are nice, but nothing beats a totally new baddass gun) and maybe more elements to play with, and most importantly, new questlines/worldspaces. and hey, maybe well have to wait for the sdk to come out so that we the modding community may build new worlds and expansions of our own.

definitely like to see expansions/ new questlines as DLCs, not just all the dumb clothes and items...

I second this. I want them to do this so badly! Maybe this time they'll actually make a proper expansion without it's content later being absorbed into the sequel. One can only hope.

I second this. I want them to do this so badly! Maybe this time they'll actually make a proper expansion without it's content later being absorbed into the sequel. One can only hope.
I third this but maybe wont be bad if it got absorbed into another sequel if the sr3 expansion didn't absorb into it then we wouldn't have a sr4 until who knows when but probably they wont do it again and they probably got sr5 in the works with all the hints they put out in sr4 especially the sr5 2015 thing. But hoping there will be more dlc mission packs then just two because at the rate there going to practically be adding every charterer from the saints row universe in sr4 in dlc excluding some of them.

I liked "How the Saints Save Christmas". Although i think that it doesn't quite fit in the game, it is very much enjoyable nonetheless. Can't say the same about "Enter The Dominatrix". Not that i hated it or anything, but i feel like i wouldn't have missed anything if i haven't played it.
As for customization packs - i can see myself purchasing these, but unfortunately the ones that are available right now either seem like minor retextures of the stuff that is already in the game, or just a bit too silly for my taste.

May I note, having additional outfits wouldn't be a problem.... if they were well made. I'm sick of outfits being gigantic, buggy, clipping meshes. The clothes in the inauguration station looked nice to me... until I discovered a lot of them weren't available in the final game (we really shouldn't have needed mods). Apparently the reason is bugs/glitches, and yet they release all these dlcs, guaaargh! Improving visuals and diminishing glitches through dlc would be better for crying out loud. Not to mention all the non customizable vehicles, I enjoy using vehicles I created, irrelevant of super powers (I like the idea of having more choices when it comes to navigation) so more parts would be nice at least. A pirate themed dlc isn't necessarily bad, but its once again the single mesh execution, and the same type of advertisement. If these were better, the lack of things to do post end game might be more bearable. I also have to wonder about why there's a forceshield a little bit above the tallest structures (I thought they said the sky box would be higher than in 3 Pre release?), and an inaccessible ship that doesn't have any interiors, and is just eye candy that doesn't change color when you take control of the city.

Last edited:
May I note, having additional outfits wouldn't be a problem.... if they were well made. I'm sick of outfits being gigantic, buggy, clipping meshes. The clothes in the inauguration station looked nice to me... until I discovered a lot of them weren't available in the final game (we really shouldn't have needed mods). Apparently the reason is bugs/glitches, and yet they release all these dlcs, guaaargh! Improving visuals and diminishing glitches through dlc would be better for crying out loud. Not to mention all the non customizable vehicles, I enjoy using vehicles I created, irrelevant of super powers (I like the idea of having more choices when it comes to navigation) so more parts would be nice at least. A pirate themed dlc isn't necessarily bad, but its once again the single mesh execution, and the same type of advertisement. If these were better, the lack of things to do post end game might be more bearable. I also have to wonder about how theirs a blocking shield a little bit above the tallest structures (I thought they said the sky box would be higher pre release), and an inaccessible ship that doesn't have any ability to enter the interior (mostly because its not there), and is just eye candy that doesn't change color when you take control of the city.

Agreed. Especially on the "Single mesh" thing. These things are supposed to be extra items to customize my character with and yet they're all single mesh suits! An outfit that makes me look pretty much like every one else who wears that outfit isn't really customization. Now, if you made costumes that you can take apart and mix-and-match, that's a different story. It's also what I want to see in these things, at the very least.

i like the dlc but i think i can agree with a lot of what is said above, as far as it could be in larger packs, rather than micro dlc.

also i want a dedicated hair pack that has a lot of new hair in it. (preferably ones with more bangs :D)

Honestly, I miss the DLC Volition gave us with SR1 and SR2. I mean, the SR2 'Unkut' pack gave us loads of cool clothes, tattoos, items etc and hell, that DLC was free!
But now, with SR4, they're giving us DLC which has what like a couple of costumes in it? I refuse to pay £2.50 just for a couple of costumes. I would pay that type of money if it had additional missions added on to it as well as more clothing etc. The only DLC I thought was worth my money with SR4 was with the Childs Play pack, purely because it was charitable and dinosaurs are badass. I love the SR games, as for the DLC - not so much. Just seems pointless to me.

Back