SPOILERS Interesting References

This game is full of references, parodies, and homages and I was wondering if anyone else has spotted any.
Off the top of my head:

• Tron - duh. Also, the sci-fi hair-style is similar to Quorra's
  • Matrix - 'simulation' gameplay mechanic
  • Mass Effect - the whole crew hanging about and their get-ups as well as the 'romance' option and at some points, ever the music are definitely referencing the ME series
  • Ghost in the Shell - 'ghost in the machine' achievement
  • Forrest Gump - 'And I ran...' achievement possibly references this... or maybe Tom Cruise in general xD
  • No Country for Old Men - there's an automatic shotgun skin which looks identical (huge silencer) to the antagonist's shotgun, even the firing sfx sounds similar. Or that's just how silenced shotguns are possibly, I wouldn't know.
  • Portal - 'there is no pancakes' achievement
  • Alien - the pulse rifle skin for the burst fire rifle
There are almost too many references to list when talking about hairstyles and clothing.

I believe that I've brought it up somewhere already, but this was the first thing that crossed my mind when seeing this achievement:
iIpfWORQWhU

That is what I thought of as well.

Forrest Gump - 'And I ran...' achievement possibly references this... or maybe Tom Cruise in general xD

Forrest Gump with Tom Cruise would be a whole different movie instead of what it is now with Tom Hanks

As for other references, there's pretty much a reference or parody for every achievement or quest. Just too many to list. I started before just taking a look at the quest list and realizing how many there really were.

I will say this - turn on the classical channel and just listen. It's worth it.

I'm fairly certain that "Ghost in the Machine" is not a Ghost in the Shell reference, and is instead referencing how CID's original body in reality is dead, while his mind was uploaded to the network.

EDIT: Tom Cruise was also NOT in Forrest Gump.

I referring to Tom Cruise separately, as he has extended running scenes in nearly every one of his movies.

Also, when you chase down Keith David in his nightmare simulation, it's pretty much a scene (and character, Roddy Piper) straight out of They Live, a movie he did in 1988.

Last edited:
Back