Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch for SRIV breaks weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be annoyed by this too, but honestly I'm having a laugh with how hilariously broken this patch is. And besides, I don't expect it'll take them that long to fix it.
it's been 11 hours. which is plenty long if you've been waiting to play with a friend for 4 days tbh. really hoping it's fixed soon.

also i'm not really sure what's fun about losing half your weapons and getting unusable ones in return.

For once I'm pleased that my copy of Steam has login issues. It usually puts me into offline mode and it takes several attempts to log in. I think it's because whatever method my ISP uses to throttle steam downloads (bad, bad ISP) interferes with the login process.

it's been 11 hours. which is plenty long if you've been waiting to play with a friend for 4 days tbh. really hoping it's fixed soon.

also i'm not really sure what's fun about losing half your weapons and getting unusable ones in return.
Because I have backups of my saves and its not permanently broken. For now I'm getting to see lots of extra weapons all clustered together and such. As well as some being totally out of place. I mean we get to use the death orb charge beam right now, and that fun!

I mean heck, it was even confirmed to me that the Murderbot minigun is totally able to be used by the player character without the silly robot arm addition.

or they have the ability to think rationally and know that updates and what not are released by people, who make mistakes just like everyone else. Fact is everyone can complain, bitch, moan, and groan but the games still going to be messed up.
Someone made a mistake or who knows what else might of happened, but it happened. Nothing anyone says or does is gonna fix that, it will be fixed when it can be fixed. Go enjoy life instead of complaining, there are tons of other games. Hell, venture outside, get some fresh air. Go for a drive if possible, walk your dogs. Watch a movie. Go improve your culinary skills, build a dog house. Go volunteer at a food drive and feed the poor. :p

Because I have backups of my saves and its not permanently broken. For now I'm getting to see lots of extra weapons all clustered together and such. As well as some being totally out of place. I mean we get to use the death orb charge beam right now, and that fun!

I mean heck, it was even confirmed to me that the Murderbot minigun is totally able to be used by the player character without the silly robot arm addition.
you get the murderbot minigun though. it's a reward for some sidequest

I find it amusing in a "How the hell did they manage to mess this up?!" sort of way. I'm not trying to fool myself into thinking that makes everything better. But I don't see a problem with having a quick laugh at how everything broken is for a minute or two.

They'll correct it soon enough.

Last edited:
you get the murderbot minigun though. it's a reward for some sidequest
But I wasn't sure if you could get the model the murderbots themselves use. I dislike the one that has the arm broken off in it, and this bug actually confirms I can. AS WELL as confirming that costumes can be divided up into separate weapon entries and more. Not to mention that really nasty looking Minigun icon, I'm sure we'll get access to that at some point. So really... yeah, its stupid that its broken, but at the same time I'm laughing, giddy, and now have lots of ideas for future mods. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back