Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch for SRIV breaks weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I wasn't sure if you could get the model the murderbots themselves use. I dislike the one that has the arm broken off in it, and this bug actually confirms I can. AS WELL as confirming that costumes can be divided up into separate weapon entries and more. Not to mention that really nasty looking Minigun icon, I'm sure we'll get access to that at some point. So really... yeah, its stupid that its broken, but at the same time I'm laughing, giddy, and now have lots of ideas for future mods. :D
You see? Even Volition fucks the game up with adding Weapon costumes :D

oh. my weapon upgrades just keep vanishing with each reload. >< have to keep purchasing them every time i save and exit.... >3>
nice to know im not the only one with broken weapons.

I just added 15 Euros too my steamwallet and bought the dlcs. But i had 3.49 first so some leftovers for me too haha
i could only afford 1 of the 2 new ones. ill get the redneck pack later though XD

Hey guys, just drop these in the main root folder for a temporary fix.

This is just the normal Weapons and weapons upgrades xtbl. I'm running just fine right now because of them. However, after its all fully patched, you might have to remove them.

EDIT: Advise against saving, but will at least allow you to mess around with normal weapons until its actually patched.

Attachments

• TempWeaponFix.rar
    50.2 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
My game was impacted. Not sure if this helps with debugging, but for me the Tentacle Bat disappeared from my cache and I ended up with a mounted .50 cal machinegun in my rifle slot which did not function and was clearly not meant to be a handheld weapon. Two weapons became available for sale that I already owned (the heavy pistol and an SMG). I purchased both of these weapons, and the machinegun disappeared, the 'void' slot instead moved to my pistol. Now I have an extra SMG weapon listed in my pistol cache, which results in an infinite ammo, no cooldown dual wielded SMG.

At some point in all of this, my standard (not alien) rocket launcher disappeared, and is no longer available for sale. The same is true of the standard sniper rifle.

I am continuing to play because it doesn't really hamper my gameplay any, (actually the infinite SMG makes things a little easier?) It's just odd.

Note: This is with no DLC or mods installed.

Additional note: When I purchased the pistol and SMG again, they came with the upgrades and customizations I had previously applied to them.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just drop these in the main root folder for a temporary fix.

This is just the normal Weapons and weapons upgrades xtbl. I'm running just fine right now because of them. However, after its all fully patched, you might have to remove them.

Don't save with this, whatever you do. It could actually make things worse once it's patched correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back