New patch 8/30

Quoted from Steam forums.

A Saints Row IV update has been released:

[BUGS]

- Fixed a patch issue in the save system where weapon data was corrupted. Examples of the data corruption includes duplicated weapons or missing weapons.

[UPDATES]

- Most weapons lost due to the previous patch will be restored. This includes weapons rewarded due to game progress, promotional weapons, and DLC pack weapons. In addition, all weapons purchased from Friendly Fire or picked up from enemies that were upgraded, customized, or equipped will be restored.

- Certain players will no longer be in possession of weapons purchased from Friendly Fire or picked up from enemies if those weapons were not upgraded, customized, or equipped. Any missing weapons can be re-acquired from the Friendly Fire store or enemies. Potentially affected weapons:

Baseball Bat (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Stun Gun (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Heavy Pistol (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Quickshot Pistol (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Heavy SMG (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Rapid-Fire SMG (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Pump-Action Shotgun (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Thumpgun (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Automatic Rifle (purchased from Friendly Fire)
RPG (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Sniper Rifle (purchased from Friendly Fire)
Burst Rifle (purchased from Friendly Fire, picked up from Cops)
Alien RPG (purchased from Friendly Fire, picked up from Aliens)
Alien Pistol (picked up from Aliens)
Alien SMG (picked up from Aliens)
Alien Rifle (picked up from Aliens)

- The Volition and Deep Silver teams would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the recent patch error. We are looking into future ways to thank everyone for their patience and understanding.

Sounds like people are still having issues. Might have messed up some saves. Making a new play thru might be the only 100% fix.
I can't test it until I go home but once I heard a patch was bad earlier this week, I made sure I did not go into the weapon cache.

Make sure you Re-start steam to ensure that the Patch is applied.

Fixed my autosave on my end. :D Seems like not every single person's saves could be, well, saved, but a large portion were.

Loaded up my game... patch is working as intended for me. I was missing abduction gun and tentacle bat, and now have both. Duplicates of the AR, burst rifle, alien smg, and minigun all removed. Though I had to reacquire alien pistol / smg by taking it from zin before it would show up.

edit: still have 2x dubstep gun in gateway cache, although I don't think it's caused by the Tuesday patch. I read that if you buy it before the mission where you formally get it, you will have double.

Last edited:
Back