I noticed your "Saints Row V (Not real of course)" thread, and I for one am blown away by just how much you've come up with!
Thanks, I'm still working on that thread, but free time to do so is becoming few and far between. I do hope to finish it some day. I know nothing will come of it, but it's still fun to imagine the possibility.

A lot has changed from my original concept, but I'm trying not to go too "off track" with it. I've had the beginning and ending planned out from the start, I'm just having a little fun putting together everything in between.

Hope this helps! Sorry for the late reply.
It helps a little... But I think I'm definitely better off getting one of my friends with modding skills to help me out with this kind of thing. But thanks anyway. I appreciate the reply.

yeah I did something there already. Post game gang control probably cant be changed right? It feels kinda weird having only one gang in entire city.
You can enable post game gang control via an optional mod in GotR. The way GotR does it is by removing the rewarded hoods from certain missions in sr2_city_missions.xtbl. So if you want Hotels & Marina district to belong to the Ronin, under "<Rewards>", change "<Hood>sr2_ro_hotelmarina03</Hood>" to "<Hood></Hood>". Then the Saints will no longer be awarded that hood.

You can enable post game gang control via an optional mod in GotR. The way GotR does it is by removing the rewarded hoods from certain missions in sr2_city_missions.xtbl. So if you want Hotels & Marina district to belong to the Ronin, under "<Rewards>", change "<Hood>sr2_ro_hotelmarina03</Hood>" to "<Hood></Hood>". Then the Saints will no longer be awarded that hood.
I tried it yesterday but saints still controlled the hoods idolninja changed. Or this doesnt work after beating a game? Is it gonna rather work during the story when doing missions that saints wont be rewarded by that hood?
EDIT: so I tested it with my 13% save and tried to do stronghold with this method and then it works. Thanks for telling me. Looks like im gonna have to do the story again with this. Can I send you a message with another question? You seem to know a lot about this game. I appreciate the help.

Last edited:
I tried it yesterday but saints still controlled the hoods idolninja changed. Or this doesnt work after beating a game? Is it gonna rather work during the story when doing missions that saints wont be rewarded by that hood?
EDIT: so I tested it with my 13% save and tried to do stronghold with this method and then it works. Thanks for telling me. Looks like im gonna have to do the story again with this.
I thought that might be the case. I haven't used it tbh. But I remembered reading about it.

What you could try doing instead is changing the <StreamCategory> in the design files for the enemy gang members to spawn alongside Saints members. Theoretically, they would then spawn only in Saints owned territory. This might affect the notoriety system though.

Can I send you a message with another question? You seem to know a lot about this game. I appreciate the help.
Yeah, feel free! I'm happy to help out if I can.

Back