Random Encounters Mod [with STAG,SWAT,old gangs and more]

Hey the random encounters don't seem to want to end for me, any idea as to what the problem is? I looked through the setting file to see if I had anything I could change to fix it but nothing jumped out at me. Thanks

Hey the random encounters don't seem to want to end for me, any idea as to what the problem is? I looked through the setting file to see if I had anything I could change to fix it but nothing jumped out at me. Thanks

What do you mean that they don't stop?The ambush simply takes forever or the encounters happen too frequently?

If the encounters happen too often then delete the mod files,download the newest version and install it again.

i downloaded the newest version yesterday, and once an encounter begins there is no timer or notification as to when it ends and they have been going on for 20+ minutes. I tried starting an activity but it failed to give my super powers back or stop the encounter. I think exiting the game then reloading will help but not entirely sure, helped once anyways, but this way i dont think i'll ever get the cash reward and i don't want to have toquit the game every time an encounter starts

i downloaded the newest version yesterday, and once an encounter begins there is no timer or notification as to when it ends and they have been going on for 20+ minutes. I tried starting an activity but it failed to give my super powers back or stop the encounter. I think exiting the game then reloading will help but not entirely sure, helped once anyways, but this way i dont think i'll ever get the cash reward and i don't want to have toquit the game every time an encounter starts

I don't know why is that happening to you and it looks like it's on your end.I'm working now on the next release of this mod so I cannot troubleshoot your problem for now.Here is a potential solution: Open up sr3_city.lua and search for:
Code:
enc_surv_time(min_surv_time,max_surv_time)
Edit that so it will look like:
Code:
enc_surv_time()

I registered specifically so I could say how much I've enjoyed this mod. It makes it a hell of a lot more fun to load up my Battle Golf Cart with homies and ride around the city when I know that murderous toilets could attack at any time.

Minor note: Super homies don't seem to be depowered when the main character is. This doesn't quite trivialize encounters, but it definitely makes them easier.

Minor note: Super homies don't seem to be depowered when the main character is. This doesn't quite trivialize encounters, but it definitely makes them easier.

I will look into that when I have some more spare time.I don't think that it is possible but still,I will give it a shot.

Ok folks Version 1.2 has been released with a new feature and some optimization to the script code.

Read the OP for more details.

So from now on if you enter a tank,heli,vtol or plane during the random assault then a 5 second countdown display will appear in the lower center of your HUD telling you to "Jump out".If you don't do so,the ambush will be automatically canceled.No cash reward is given.

EDIT:Forgot to say that the encouter will never trigger if you are in one of those vehicles mentioned above.

Last edited:
Is there any way this could be compatible with Miku's Past Gangs Spawning Mod, whether by you or someone else? I love both, but I can't decide between one or the other.

Is there any way this could be compatible with Miku's Past Gangs Spawning Mod, whether by you or someone else? I love both, but I can't decide between one or the other.

I took a look at miku's mod files and they can be easily merged together.The only files you have to merge together are notoriety_spawn.xtbl and character.xtbl.I made very little modifications to these files.

I took a look at miku's mod files and they can be easily merged together.The only files you have to merge together are notoriety_spawn.xtbl and character.xtbl.I made very little modifications to these files.
Thank you! I'll have to try that.

Back