Started with a question I asked a while back:
I eventually decided to do it myself and became this:
REAWAKENED.png

This mod is a compilation of community mods and my own content that's supposed to change around the NPC's and game-play to give off a more grounded and realistic SR1 feel and move the sweet spot to between SR1 and 2. It affects the look(and in some Cases:behavior) of the gangs, ultor and police. With that said, it's strongly recommended to be used with:

GOG version of SR2

Idolninja(RIP) GOTR mod (Mandatory)

Janson's 'Juiced Patch'

Masamaru's SR2 HQ Texture Pack (optional)

FusionH2o's 'Saints Row 1 Texture Pack for Saints Row 2' (optional)

Description:

Inspired by "Dead Rising 2: Off the record", this Mod plays on the old fan theoretical retcon of SR2-onwards taking place in a dream while the playa was still in their Coma, which is why the franchise became more zany and wacky as it went on.
The playa then "Reawakened" from their coma for real and plays out SR2 the same way, but takes on more realistic plays on gangs and in the end never meets a tera patrick or eric gryphon to eventually turn into a celebrity then president. once a criminal, always a criminal.

Features of this mod:

- New Car Added: The Alex-S, It's a variant of the taxi made using the same coding that separates the Melbourne from the Estrada. I also re-colored the taxi's to look more real life and added an unmarked variant of the cruiser. Truly creating the not-sure-if-cop feel of the crown victoria it's based on.​
Alex-S.jpg

-Police, FBI and SWAT all overhauled, half mine, half punished uncle sludge's.
Police 2.jpgPolice 3.pngPolice 4.jpgPolice 5.jpg20240921082920_1.jpgFBI.png20240920232546_1.jpg20240921084332_1.jpg

-Ultor Goons and MASAKO now rock a bright blue with more pronounced orange markings. It's reference to red-faction is serendipity.
It's inspiration is from the PMC's and rent-a-cops of Black Mesa in half life, Armacham in F.E.A.R., and Universal Petroleum in Mercenaries 2.
Masako.jpg20240920231705_1.jpgMasako 2.jpgGoons 2.jpgGoons.jpg

- Multiple new styles of existing Saint's vehicles, most are mine but a few are borrowed from hvmania.
Some are visually specific to the gang styles you can chose.
Compton.jpg

- All gang styles for Saint's are completely overhauled, adding two new NON-Saint gangs you can re-skin as lore friendly allies
WARNING: do not use GOTR's gang replacements, will cause problems.

Gang Styles.jpg

Saints 2.jpgSaints.jpg

- All Gang tags have changed to a combination of both in-game asset's re-fitted and new artwork from Beyonce:
Spraytag.jpg

-Sons of Samedi are now an incredibly wealthy take on a prephop Zoe-Pound rather than the usual tropical/hippie look:
Samedi 2.jpg

20240921104642_1.jpg20240921104717_1.jpg20240921104954_1.jpgSamedi.jpg20240921105231_1.jpg

-The Brotherhood are now a gang of OUTLAW BIKERS, with motorcycles acting as the vanguard, allthough trucks are still being used in missions and cutscenes:
Brotherhood 2.jpg
Brotherhood.jpg

-Last but definitally not least: The Ronin now lean more toward being an even balance between the Yakuza and the Bōsōzoku element, I exaggerated Jyunichi and Shogo's embrace to compensate:
Ronin Look.jpg
Ronin.jpgRonin Look 2.jpg

-Misceleneous features to help with immersion include lore-friendly texture replacements, customization outfits and hud icon consistancy with the npc's new look, weapon tweaks in damage, ammo capacity and gang arsonal. with all original art and textures in general being thanks to beyonce:

20240919185743_1.jpg20240921081008_1.jpg20240928160703_1.jpg20240928160820_1.jpgFeed Dogs.jpgReal World Cash.jpg

And other features added that I cant name off the top of my head (it's for you to find out). All credit is given to those who made the extra mods I compiled in my
readme. And while in the subjcect: MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTALL INSCTRUCTIONS IN FILE AS WELL

To see the full extent of the mod, start a new game.
I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do!
I had a blast making it and showing versions on youtube
20240928220330_1.jpg

PS: I have been Splitting my compilation mod into individual folders by user request, any part of the mod you fancy in particular, just hit me up in "conversations"

Attachments

• REAWAKENED v0.05.zip
    38.9 MB · Views: 45
  • Just the Alex-s.zip
    319 KB · Views: 18
  • Restore Vanilla Ultor.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I love this, but would it be possible to split some of the mods up? There's stuff I'd like to use in this but not everything. Separate mods for the Alex-S car, the gang customisation/vehicles, the tags ?

I love this, but would it be possible to split some of the mods up? There's stuff I'd like to use in this but not everything. Separate mods for the Alex-S car, the gang customisation/vehicles, the tags ?
I actually do have a variant where it's just the police and nothing else. the issue is alot of the content i have is interconnected and cant function without the other. If i may ask though, what are you trying to specifically seperate? Just the cars, and tags?

Last edited:
I actually do have a variant where it's just the police and nothing else. the issue is alot of the content i have is interconnected and cant function without the other. If i may ask though, what are you trying to specifically seperate? Just the cars?
mainly just the things I listed above, like the gang customisations/cars, the Alex-S car and the tags (mainly the SR1 tag)

Back