Renaming saved games?

I know how to do that, and I don't need to say it's not an option :-/ Are you guys messing with me? -.-

Why is backing them up and deleting the ones you don't need anymore NOT an option?
Every time I've restarted a co-op game with a friend and a new character I've cleared my saves out in that manner.

From what I can gather, going by the limited information you posted in your original post, you want to start a new co-op game but you don't want to lose your old saves so you want to rename them so you can keep track of them, correct?

The only problem with that is SRTT has limited save slots, so keeping too many old saves around and you'll quickly run out of slots to make new ones.

Backing up and Deleting the ones you're not using, means you get to start fresh.

So again, I have to ask, how is that "not an option" and how, exactly, are we "messing with you" ?

From what I can gather, going by the limited information you posted in your original post, you want to start a new co-op game but you don't want to lose your old saves so you want to rename them so you can keep track of them, correct?

No. Not even close.

I never said I wanted to start a new co-op game, I DO want to rename them to keep track of 'em because each save has a different character.

The only problem with that is SRTT has limited save slots, so keeping too many old saves around and you'll quickly run out of slots to make new ones.

Again, when did I say I want to make new ones?

Backing up and Deleting the ones you're not using, means you get to start fresh.

Means I gotta finish the game a 5th time, no thanks.

So again, I have to ask, how is that "not an option" and how, exactly, are we "messing with you" ?

You're saying I should delete my saves when I clearly stated I want to rename my current ones. Pretty obvious really...

No. Not even close.

I never said I wanted to start a new co-op game, I DO want to rename them to keep track of 'em because each save has a different character.

Again, when did I say I want to make new ones?

Means I gotta finish the game a 5th time, no thanks.

You're saying I should delete my saves when I clearly stated I want to rename my current ones. Pretty obvious really...
AFAIK the game uses language strings for save names. This wouldn't be editable per save.

Why do you want to rename your saves? The most obvious reason (to me) is to play multiple characters simultaneously, am I right?

Why do you want to rename your saves? The most obvious reason (to me) is to play multiple characters simultaneously, am I right?
That's what I thought, but he doesn't want to start over again.
Maybe he has saves from some or most of his 5 playthroughs still so he wants to rename them so he can tell which character it is...

If that is true, then what I did was to make a folder somewhere else, with sub-folders for each character's saves and profile data. I got tired of switching them in and out manually, so I wrote a simple program to do it automatically.

If that is true, then what I did was to make a folder somewhere else, with sub-folders for each character's saves and profile data. I got tired of switching them in and out manually, so I wrote a simple program to do it automatically.

I just started learning C+, and to be honest, I'm not very good at it...

Anyway yeah you guessed that right.

Just had a look at it, and it's actually a php script, not a binary. If you know what that means, I wouldn't mind sharing it if you want it.

Back