Replacing The Gentlemen Of The Row Taunts With The Originals

I finally figured out how to revert the taunts changed by Gentlemen Of The Row back to the originals.

First you have to open the Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9.2/optional_mod_stuff/modified folder then you have to delete two files. GML1.xtbl and Anim_Files.xtbl. (Warning: I have no idea if these files have been modified for any purpose other than changing the taunts, so please back them up somewhere you may need to restore them later.)

Then take the files I have included in the zip attached to this post and put then in your mod folder. 1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE.
Recompile your patch and drop the created files in your Saints Row 2 Game Folder.

IMPORTANT: If you follow these instructions mid game it will restore your original taunts
but it will not change the taunt listing in Image As Designed. The only way I have managed to
make this work properly is to reinstall Saints Row 2, immediately delete the files mentioned above
then add these files and create the patch. Install the patch before you ever start your game.
Just installing these files and starting a new game will not work. It will still have
the new taunt list. (Is you do decide to leave the new taunt list intact be advised that
some of the taunts will not work.)

I am not 100 percent sure but I suspect that you will not be able to use any previously saved games with this.
My thinking is that because of the player customization during the first mission the new taunt list already be
introduced into the game.

FYI:
GML1.xtbl seems to control the vocal part of the taunts while Anim_Files.xtbl controls the physical parts.

I am putting this in the Tutorials section because it is not a mod. I have not touched either
of the files included in the zip I provided. They are both straight from the
common.vpp_pc folder.

Enjoy

***EDIT***

After starting my game I realized that removing Anim_Files.xtbl will mess with the custom animations you may have
chosen for your player like roller blading. I am not well versed in animation files so I have no immediate plans
to fix this. If anyone else wants to please feel free to do so.

Attachments

• Fix Taunts.zip
    68.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Anim_Files.xtbl is an important file. Don't touch that unless you know what you're doing because it could break all manner of things and you potentially won't realise it until AGES later.
If you want to compare differences in files between GotR and Vanilla, I recommend using WinMerge.

GML1 stands for "Generic Male Life", and is the animation set for the Playa (also affects some male NPCs, like Gat). GFL1 works over the top of this when a Female Preset is chosen at the Plastic Surgeon (also affects some female NPCs, like Shaundi).

PML1 and PFL1 are for Pedestrians.
CML1 is for Cops.
POL1 is for Old Pedestrians

Here is IdolNinja's Animation Set Tree.

If you follow these instructions mid game it will restore your original taunts
but it will not change the taunt listing in Image As Designed.
customizable_action.xtbl dictates the names of the Taunt/Compliment animations in the Plastic Surgeon.
customizable_walk.xtbl does the same for the custom Walk animations.

I am not 100 percent sure but I suspect that you will not be able to use any previously saved games with this.
My thinking is that because of the player customization during the first mission the new taunt list already be
introduced into the game.
Changing animations shouldn't have any adverse affect on save files, because Player Creation saves whichever animation slot was used, not the animation itself.

The only way I have managed to
make this work properly is to reinstall Saints Row 2
There's no need to do this. Simply pressing "V" instead of "P" in the GotR Patch Builder will build a Vanilla patch.vpp_pc, so you don't have to reinstall your game. Alternatively, just install the Vanilla customizable_action.xtbl.

Last edited:
Back